NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Chuffed to see Storm on the show. It's fascinating how guys made to seem like also-rans elsewhere look like mega stars on that stage. Awesome reaction from the crowd, obviously, and Storm clearly loved soaking it up, as well as looked like a utter badass. Looks like he should be a hardboiled brawler, which made his finisher incongruous, but all in all, an awesome moment.

Ā 

NXT makes me realise I don't want to watch a live show on TV, which is why RAW is such a flop. The pacing, vignettes and builds are totally different to the main show, for the better. Asuka's intro and build have been as close to 'real sports build' as you can get, spreading probably 15 minutes of TV time over 6 weeks. That's why the writing problems on RAW are so baffling - they should be struggling to cram stuff in for the roster they have.

Another good show this week. Gable and Jordan are great, but they did get the unfortunate tag of being "fun to watch" this week, the go-to phrase for the useless commentator. Main event was good too, Joe had better rhythm than any of the matches I've seen him in so far.

• Paid Members

Not a storyline heavy show this week but really well put together and with several decent matches. I'm not sure about these women's squashes, they don't hold my attention much. I do like Nia Jax though, she looks different in this environment. Bailey's promo was woeful.

Ā 

On the other hand, James Storm's was really good and the Balor and Crews video packages were superbly done. Interspersing the footage of fans, young and old, getting into them big time made them look like stars.

Ā 

The tag scene is really good obviously but it really annoys me that these teams don't have names. They're proper teams with matching gear and all the bells and whistles but they don't have something simle that cements them as a team. Love Gable and Jordan. Gable needs a decent jock though.

Ā 

Balor vs. Crews doesn't feel big but they put together two great packages and ended on a good interview with Balor. A hook for next week? What a revolutionary idea eh? Crazy how much more this show gets it.

Nia Jax sorted her gear out. Weird as weren't her first two matches taped at pretty much the same time? Could just have had the decent gear first time around

cant forget Dawson & Wilder's sneak attack on Enzo & Cass. massive heat interrupting that entrance, their stuff looked brutal. This little programme has made Dawson & Wilder 'click' for me, whereas I wondered why these jobbers kept picking up so many wins a few weeks ago

• Paid Members

Great show this week - it, like Raw on Monday, felt like a wrestling show. And how good was that tag match? Better than anything the main roster has provided this month!

Ā 

It wasn't better than things the main roster has provided this week!

This was the first time I've watched a full episode of NXT in one sitting in a long time. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope I can get back into enjoying it every week over Christmas. I need some current wrestling to tide me over til the Rumble.

Ā 

I was sucked into that tag match. Most I've enjoyed a tag match in ages. Great work from all four men but Gable and Jordan really looked like stars. Flawless.

Speaking of tag teams, I think Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder are great. A real throwback to the Andersons. The NXT tag division looks strong. I can't say I've really enjoyed a tag division since the EC/Dudleyz/Hardyz days so the future looks bright.

Ā 

Rick's already mentioned it - Bayley's promo was terrible, but James Storm's was ace. Nailed it. I'd like to see a proper 90's style rough 'n ready brawl feud between him and Rhyno for a month or two.

Ā 

Again, it's already been covered - the two promo vids covering Balor and Crews were every bit as good as we've come to expect from WWE.Ā 

Ā 

One of the announcers (Graves?) made a throwaway comment, "NXT is the hottest company in the world". You know, that's exactly how I felt watching it. It's not quite as cool as Lucha Underground, but you could almost feel comfortable watching it with a non fan in the room.

Ā 

I've always liked Samoa Joe and Tyler Breeze so the main event was right up my street. Loved Joe's pyscho expression when he locked the choke on Breeze at the end.

Ā 

In short, great little one hour show. Looking forward to watching next week.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

You turned off at the wrong time then mate!

The Tag Tournament was fairly good, and kept the show busy during what would be its "filler" episodes, and was given some pretty decent matches. The following Takeover event was also very good.

I'm about two behind at the moment, but I've enjoyed NXT a lot more since the Tag Tournament.

I gave up on watching NXT just before they started that tag team tournament thing.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The tag tournament was a massive let down hope they don't repeat it. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to give up upon hearing about it.

Ā 

How do you know it was a "borefest" if you didn't watch it? lol. I know we all go off reviews, but most of the reviews I've seen were positive about the whole thing.

Ā 

For what its worth, I enjoyed the entire tournament, which produced many solid matches. Sure there was the odd match worth skipping, but it was a lot better that the general "nothing happening" shows before the main build up to the next Takerover.