NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I dunno who did or didn't tune out but I think Wasteman has some decent points. The tournament was a massive disappointment given the potential in it and though I don't watch ever week, the shows I did see were really boring through most of it. The show isn't always riveting anyway but was especially not.

Ā 

In fairness to them though, the tournament might not have been all I hoped but they have ended it with five or six teams now who are cohesive units.The tag scene in NXT is pretty stacked now with the Vaudevillains, Alexa Bliss's henchmen, Dash & Wilder, Gable & Jordan, Ciampi and Thingy and Enzo & Big Cass. They're doing a cracking job with this.

Ā 

NAMES please!!

The team of Dash and Wilder were called The Mechanics but that name seems to have been dropped. No idea why.

Dash & Wilder are the same person.

Ā 

Dawson & Dylan were the Mechanics. I don't think they've been called that since Wilder replaced Dylan. Maybe at first, but that was ages ago.

It's not quite as cool as Lucha Underground, but you could almost feel comfortable watching it with a non fan in the room.

I think it's way cooler than Lucha. LU is like a bunch of blokes in gimp masks with segments directed by Robert Rodriguez. Well alright, it may depend on your personal definition of cool

• Paid Members

Is this week's episode of NXT skipping forward a few seconds every now and again for anyone else? Tried watching it on Thursday and it happened. Watched a few other things and it didn't skip so it's just NXT. Tried again just now and immediately started skipping forward again. It's happening on PS3 for me.

haha, Asuka vs...Cameron. what a surprise treat. I'm glad to see her here though, she didn't look that bad but obvs she's working with Asuka rather than Carmella or some jobber. I'd like to see Breaking Ground focus on Eva & Cameron. Asuka's just brilliant, that clothesline into the armbar thing looked amazing

Ā 

saw the Joe thing coming a couple seconds before but still a great OMG moment. I'd slightly rather see heel Balor but think this is good for Joe. Takeover London setting up nicely, I like that they're using Ace of Spades for the PPV theme rather than some shit track by some mediocre band

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

The turn was odd, because the majority of fans cheered Joe when he did it. Then some realised that they should be booing but it was still 50/50 by the end. It's the danger of using such a cult figure to turn, especially against someone who hasn't reached the Zayn/Bayley/Enzo level of beloved with that crowd.

Ā 

The rest of the show was fine. Some great old school promo work by Dash & Dawson, and a good little match between Asuka and Cameron. Eva Marie wasn't awful (well, the finish was) but Dempsey versus Dawkins was an effort.

Ā 

Next week looks sweet, with Bayley & Hype Bros versus BAMF, and a tag-team title match. What a time to be alive!

• Paid Members

The turn was odd, because the majority of fans cheered Joe when he did it. Then some realised that they should be booing but it was still 50/50 by the end.

And you're still an advocate of these NXT fans? They can't even decide what to do in order to come across as smartarses now.