NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

I did notice at one point that everyone was rooting for Bayley, and they started a 'let's go Bayley' chant. After a short time, some twat starts with a 'let's go Alexa', purely, it sounded like, to make it a duelling chant. It's like you can't have a 'let's go' chant without it being duelling. Which is shit. And petty for me to take issue with it, but it just seemed like chanting for the sake of it.

• Paid Members
Alexa Bliss is the one for me though. Handled correctly, I can see her being the big star of the Divas division in coming years. I am a little reluctant to throw such a bold statement out there, but she could be the new Trish Stratus in terms of appeal.

100% agree, I've always thought the same about her. Nobody has come close to being the full package (in terms of what WWE want from a diva) since Trish, but she could be it. Definitely has a Trish vibe about her, but with MUCH nicer eyes.

Funnily enough Tuesday night I was having a conversation with a mate about who in NXT might do well on the main roster, which is a tricky question for several reasons, and about all we agreed on was Alexa, for the combination of having enough of the fundamentals, being able to play the heel well, and being simultaneously attractive enough so that you find it really irritating about how much you'd like to nail her.

Watching the Nia Jax match it struck me that her execution is fine but her matches are boring. At her level that's down to the agents, not her.

I disagree. I find her overly tentative, lacking in aggression and that uranage slam finisher is pig ugly.

• Paid Members

These lads are at the NXT tapings.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Austin Aries and Gunner.

That's a turn up.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Fantastic. Aries is bloody great and I've enjoyed what I've seen of Gunnar too. I've always thought he has the markings of being a decent heel in WWE. I'm really glad they're picking the best of the TNA lot.

• Paid Members

I enjoy the women's matches in NXT, but three was too much this week. I'd agree with most of the comments here about Nia Jax, the matches so far are much too slow and plodding and there's zero intensity in any of her actions. Emma looks hotter as a heel but she's still so bland as a performer. I thought the main event was decent enough, Bayley's matches were always going to see a step down in quality after Sasha. Eva Marie made the show for me though.

Wonder if it'll be a multiwoman match at Takeover. I can't see them doing Bayley vs. Asuka just yet.

Bayley vs. Nia Jax and Asuka vs. Eva Marie maybe.

I would assume Bayley vs Eva Marie and Dana Brooke vs Asuka if they do two women's matches. Probably a good idea not to do he first match at full sail!