NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Thought that Eva Marie promo was great, love how they are developing her character.

Nia Jax was alright, but agree that the outfit wasn't the best and the music she had was too girly once it kicked in. She should have ran through Evie in under a minute, the match felt too plodding and drawn out for a squash.

Alexa completely and utterly outshone Bayley in that opening segment. She's terrific.

Both NXT champions let themselves down on the mic, Finn was rubbish. No personality whatsoever being projected there.

• Paid Members

It was terrible, wasn't it? What were they thinking? Hopefully she changes it to something a bit more flattering next time round.

Nia Jax is a bit naff ain't she? I get that they are presenting her as a big burly arse kicker diva or whatever but she's no Amazing Kong. She looks more like one of my mates mums.

Bang on.

• Paid Members

I thought Baron Corbin put in a decent shift in the Battle Royal and played his part in the final sequence with Crews admirably.

Between this and two decent tag matches at Takeover, he's definitely coming along in terms of the in-ring side.

I thought Baron Corbin put in a decent shift in the Battle Royal and played his part in the final sequence with Crews admirably.

Between this and two decent tag matches at Takeover, he's definitely coming along in terms of the in-ring side.

Yeah good call. I liked his match with Joe at Respect too, it was the first time I actually really enjoyed him as a performer. Both in the video package and the match itself. It definately shows how NXT is developing people. I still hate his stupid hair though.

• Paid Members

Yeah good call. I liked his match with Joe at Respect too, it was the first time I actually really enjoyed him as a performer. Both in the video package and the match itself. It definately shows how NXT is developing people. I still hate his stupid hair though.

And his belly that looks like a face.

• Awards Moderator

There's already a half decent card shaping up for the next Takeover. I can see something along the lines of

Balor vs Crews for the title

Bayley vs Alexa for the women's title

Joe vs Breeze, maybe with a 'loser leaves' stip

Vaudevillains vs Rhyno & Corbin for the tag titles

Maybe Asuka & Jax vs Dana & Emma

Possibly a UK match with Neville and a special guest

And since most of them will be in the UK anyway, a four way tag with B&M, Enzo & Cass, Gable & Jordan and Dash & Dawson.

I'd be quite pleased with a card like that!

What's the crack with Crews now then, is it going to be a straight babyface match with Balor? Are they going to turn Crews heel? He does this over the top smiley act like he can't believe he's there, was he saying to the ref after the Battle Royal "IT'S ME, IT'S ME" or something like that, it all comes across a bit false and I reckon the full sail lot are basically waiting to shit on him, given the opportunity.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Vaudevillains vs Rhyno & Corbin for the tag titles

Probably not since Corbin eliminated Rhyno from the battle royal this week, so looks like them two at going at it in a singles feud next.

I hope they do, he's a smug prick with a crap backflip.

Smug? I find Crews to be humble and quietly confident. Smug people don’t walk into the Barclays Center going, “Wow, that’s a lot of people!” Tyler Breeze: now he’s smug.

• Paid Members

Rhyno is fun to have on the show isn't he? He's like a proper throwback to a different era, still looks and talks like he did in his ECW days. He's got the old school gravelly-voiced corny promo work complete with gurning facials, slimy long hair and shiny tanned muscles. He looks like the nineties, so just seeing him out there makes me smile.

Rhyno is fun to have on the show isn't he? He's like a proper throwback to a different era, still looks and talks like he did in his ECW days. He's got the old school gravelly-voiced corny promo work complete with gurning facials, slimy long hair and shiny tanned muscles. He looks like the nineties, so just seeing him out there makes me smile.

Even the way he was filmed this week doing that promo before the battle royal reminded me of ECW. I really like Rhyno and it's nice to see him most weeks. I kinda wish Kendrick had stuck around too.