NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Bayley's a shit promo too.

Great show this week. Usually after a Takeover it seems NXT is in a holding pattern for a few weeks, waiting until matches are announced for the next Takeover so there's a good few weeks of directionless TV. It was nice to see this show instantly set up the next Womens and NXT Title feud. 

Crews winning was a nice surprise too, as I assumed it was definitely Joes to win. I hate to constantly reiterate the 'NXT is better than Raw' stuff but it's amazing how during that Lumberjack match on Raw, only really New Day were over, whereas in this Battle Royal pretty much everybody was over minus a few guys who've hardly been on TV. Even if I don't understand how some of them are over. Bull Dempsey is shitter now than he was as an old-school heel.

Chad Gable should've been in the main event, but other than that, great show.

Breeze has been consistently great for ages so I'm not surprised that the crowd are behind him. At least they got behind Crews in the end.

Breeze Vs. Joe should be lots of fun.

Bliss should be an alright diversion for Bayley but there doesn't seem to be much left on the cards for Bliss and her boys right now.

Nia Jax didn't do much but didn't really need to.

If they are running with the fake bitch routine then the Eva promo was alright for what it was. Still won't be able to sit through a match she is in though.

EDIT

Yeah Bayley is clearly not comfortable on the mic.

She is lucky that her gimmick kind of compliments that and she is over enough for it not to hold her back right now. It will probably be a problem eventually though.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I'm not normally raggin on full sail crowd, but they were fuckin unbearable in that battle royale. Waaaa Breeze who obviously wouldn't win anyway, turns out he didn't win waaaaa. Not sure what I think of Crews getting it, thought maybe Corbin would be a pretty decent pick as far as heels go, for a UK show.

Alexa's bit with B&M protecting her was pretty ace

Nia Jax looked alright, could do with new gear though I think

Cunts.

Anyway, Breeze should lose some sort of loser leaves NXT match at the next Takeover. Send him up, he's long in the tooth in NXT.

I dunno, I'd rather see him take the NXT title and be the top man there for a bit. When he gets to Raw, he could just be another Bo Dallas.

Nia Jax is a bit naff ain't she? I get that they are presenting her as a big burly arse kicker diva or whatever but she's no Amazing Kong. She looks more like one of my mates mums.

Needs baggier/bulkier ring gear I think. Not to sound like The Worst but that tight shiny thing just accentuates her pouchy tum. Not that there's a problem with that, but it can be hidden better.

She's not had many matches so I wouldn't judge her too harshly at this stage. She can be a great addition to the division in time.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

The thing with Nia Jax is we all hear "big woman" and expect her to look and be booked like Kong. But that's just lazy on our part. What if she's an entirely new kind of big woman? Stranger things have happened on this show...

• Paid Members

Nia Jax looks like she had squeezed herself into a cheap Chun Li cosplay outfit.

I was thinking: there was only one trophy for the winners of the Dusty tag tournament. Who got to take it home? Do Joe and Finn have joint custody? Do they alternate weekends?

• Awards Moderator

Nia Jax looks like she had squeezed herself into a cheap Chun Li cosplay outfit.

I was thinking: there was only one trophy for the winners of the Dusty tag tournament. Who got to take it home? Do Joe and Finn have joint custody? Do they alternate weekends?

REGAL: How about this, guys? Finn can have it Mondays and Thursdays, Joe will get it Tuesdays and Fridays, and yours truly will look after it Wednesdays and Saturdays.
FINN: Perfect!
JOE: Wait a minute! What about Sundays?
FINN: Yeah, what about Sundays?
REGAL: Well, Sunday possession will be determined by a random number generator. I will take the digits 1 through 3, Joe will have 4 through 6, and Finn will have 7 through 9.
JOE: Wait a minute! What about 0?
FINN: Yeah, what about 0?
REGAL: Well, in the unlikely event of a 0, possession will be determined by rock scissors paper competition, best 3 out of 5, how's that?

Three_Men_and_a_Comic_Book_64.JPG

Nia JAx looked and was horrible. My god. All I saw was cellulite squeezed in spandex.

This crowd is losing it...... Marking out for her while she looked like shit.

I\m shocked.

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members

Honestly they should have made Nia look more insane. Throw some insane make up in her to look like some samoan cross between a monster and the kurgan from Highlander. Proper psycho panto villain gear she should have. Not the state she dressed in on tv.

REGAL: How about this, guys? Finn can have it Mondays and Thursdays, Joe will get it Tuesdays and Fridays, and yours truly will look after it Wednesdays and Saturdays.

JOE: Wait a minute! What about Sundays?

FINN: Yeah, what about Sundays?

REGAL: Well, Sunday possession will be determined by a random number generator. I will take the digits 1 through 3, Joe will have 4 through 6, and Finn will have 7 through 9.

JOE: Wait a minute! What about 0?

FINN: Yeah, what about 0

REGAL: Well, in the unlikely event of a 0, possession will be determined by rock scissors paper competition, best 3 out of 5, how's that?

Three_Men_and_a_Comic_Book_64.JPG

And it's proven once again, there truely is a Simpsons reference for everything