NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Ar4Qw3F.png

Boooo, fucking boo. Has her own shirt what a mark booooo...

Ā 

She's ace Izzy, it does have a manufacturer feel at times but that is WWE production. People on other forums crying about her being a plant and moaning about why she as just one fan is being spotlighted is terrible. Proper ECW type fan gripe that.

Right, here's my thoughts on Bayley vs Sasha, and why it's probably my match of the year so far, pipping the previous candidate which was.... probably their match at Brooklyn.

Ā 

Won't quote the whole thing in the interest of saving space, but love this. Not sure as a match I prefer it over Brooklyn, the post match felt less organic this time and the story going in isn't the same, but it had something different that I've been waiting for from Sasha - as good as she is, she's very likeable. The smile, the dives, the fact her matches are acem and her promos aren't the best, bless her. As much fun as I have watching her, there is always that niggling part of my mind saying "be a heel!". Until now it feels like a heel by casting only, because the actions has been so plastic and without heart that the likeable traits takeover quite easily.

Ā 

And that's why this match was great. She did it, and she did it great. The match didn't suffer one bit, and as an individual, I thought it made her far more captivating and much more like a genuine star than previous NXT performances, which seemed designed to make a certain type of fan have a wank. If they're clever, this is the Sasha that they pair against Charlotte in the future. She can end up a giant babyface in the end, but she could be a female Rock (absurd comparison, but bear with me), in that by not letting them cheer her and showing how awesome she is, when she finally goes face on Steph, the world will love her for it. Only problem until then is that she needs a face who can outshine her.

Just watched the woman's main event and was amazed. Best match in a long time. I can't see Wwe in its current for sticking around much longer when the "feeder" league is outshining it on the level it currently is. Everything about Wwe seems so old and boring next to Nxt from the announcing to the arenas to the wrestlers. If they said tomorrow they were changing 3 hour raw to 1 hour Nxt I'd be all for it. Does anyone here even watch raw anymore?

I struggle to watch 10 minute plus matches on tv in recent times, the takeover: respect match kept my attention throughout, says a lot in my eyes. Match of the Year in my eyes. Told such a story of emotions, let them main event Raw and you've got two wrestlers who will be made.

After watchin the match twice which i dont think i have done in ages, both times nearly had me in tears.

Ā 

Great storytelling throughout! For WWE standards this year nothing this year is coming near them 2 bayley vs banks matches.

Ā 

Only match that came close overall for me emotionally was will ospreay vs jimmy havoc at progress.

Ā 

When u build wrestling matches properly they work. Bring on the 3 hour drag that is Raw

What a great show. I only bother watching takeovers which is easy enough when everything makes sense and has a purpose.

Ā 

Was very impressed by Jason and Gabel. Wanted them to go through but they have plenty of time to grow as an act yet. Hope they stick as a team for a long time before going onto bigger things.

Ā 

I love Asuka, she won me over on this show big time. Hadn't seen her before either but she has become an instant favourite. It's a shame that Sasha will be moving on because I would love to see these two go in a big match (in NXT.)

Ā 

Main event was class. Was impressed as always with Banks as she started the match as a face and ended it as a super heel in a very smooth transition. Genuine drama seems so rare these days

Ā 

NXT are great at creating big money matches. Last time WWE was able to do this was Sheild vs Wyatts. Other than that WWE need to bring in past stars to get that atmosphere and even then there is not as much emotion for me. The fact that I was more invested in this match than the last Brock/Taker match says a lot about the state of the company right now

• Paid Members

I keep flashing back to a wonderful and understated bit of storytelling:

Ā 

When Asuka had beaten Dana Brooke she went over to Emma and Emma refused to look at her, keeping her back to her like the end of The Blair Witch Project.

Ā 

Outstanding work.

Her mannerisms reminded me a bit of boytoy Shawn Michaels. I think she's really great, and with plenty of time to develop she could be very special to nxt and eventually on the main roster.

Ā 

Interesting to see the new crop of ladies in nxt.

Ā 

And James Storm! Amazing. Hope he recaptures some of that momentum he had when he was on the cusp of something in TNA. Seeing him lead the shite revolution was heartbreaking...

Edited by Cobra1000