NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

They can have any reaction they want tbh. Doesn't mean they don't deserve to be criticised when they cunt about.

Ā 

Exactly this. On the whole I don't mind the Full Sail audience, I've said a few times in this thread that their enthusiasm really adds to the show at times, most recently last week with the brilliant reaction to the announcement of the next Takeover main event. However, it's plain as day that there is a large contingent amongst them who go because they want to get themselves over. My only real issue with that is that these types are never actually anywhere close to being as smart or as funny as they think they are. There's a complete lack of self-awareness that just grates on me and obviously many others on here.

Ā 

The Eva Marie situation is actually great. Their vocal rejection of her is fast turning her into the hottest genuine heel on the show, despite her being a poor hand in the ring and a terrible interview. They will probably jeer her all the way to the Women's title if they carry on like that. What a glorious moment that could be as well, especially if she eventually beat Bayley.

• Paid Members

The Eva Marie situation is actually great. Their vocal rejection of her is fast turning her into the hottest genuine heel on the show, despite her being a poor hand in the ring and a terrible interview. They will probably jeer her all the way to the Women's title if they carry on like that. What a glorious moment that could be as well, especially if she eventually beat Bayley.

Ā 

This is spot on. It's the difference (and it is an obvious difference) between booing just because they don't like someone, the honest emotional reaction, or choosing to boo because of the perception that the person behind the character is shit at the job. I think it's dumb, because if you're booing, you're giving the wrestler the reaction they want. Call me crazy, but if I don't care for someone's work, I don't react at all. I cheer the faces I like, I boo the heels that I "like to hate." So even if you don't think Full Sail are cunts, they're at least thick enough to not realize they're engineering the very push that they're so against. But then, if the by-product is molten heat for the rumoured and seemingly inevitable match with Bayley, maybe we shouldn't complain.

Ā 

For me though, "SUPER DRAGON!!" marks them out as cunts.

Edited by air_raid

Eva winning the NXT title would be a laugh. A horrendous, horrific laugh but still a laugh.

They should get people like Cameron to get off their arse and do what Eva's doing, make a faction of it.

The London Takeover show would be a great time for Eva to win the belt. We Brits are the worst fans in the world when it comes to trying to get ourselves over and be the most Internet with chants, so it'd have an even better reaction there than at Full Sail.

Ā 

I want it to happen at Full Sail so they can cut straight to a shot of that young fan-girl of Bayley bawling her eyes out.

Ā 

On a different NXT subject, why hasn't Bull put out a "Bull Sail" t-shirt yet? That lot would buy anything that mentioned them, for sure. I'd have Earl Hebner out in the car park flogging them for me.

Watching this week, I thought while it's obvious she is still fairly useless, Eva Marie does have one thing about her, which I'm not sure is intentional and should be. When I saw the way she interviews and how fake it was, to the way she walks to the ring, does her make up and even the way she beat down Carmella before trying to look "cute" for the camera and jump around, I got the same loathing I get for a Kardashian on my screen. For me that's just what WWE need is someone trying to be one of them in mannerisms, I want to see them get beat up for sure. Hopefully this is part of her gimmick being a Californian girl and not just coincidence

Ā 

Ā 

I know these little "cool" crowds tend to have fans who just want to joke and chant for shits and giggles, but sometimes I have to also knock the heels who are getting cheered. I've heard plenty of people say if your a heel and you get cheered your doing something wrong. I know its hard these days with lots of the heel stuff banned and heels being cool but surely its not that hard to act like a dick on screen

• Awards Moderator

There was a great line on this week's show during the Gargano-Crews match: "Every match is an opportunity to change your future". Just a throwaway line but a fantastic thing to keep in the back of viewers' minds during what could be seen as meaningless matches.

Ā 

Loved the hype video for the Iron Man match at the end of the show. Tremendous video.

Ā 

And I hope that all the effort of building and pushing Dana Brooke over the course of this year has just been one long lead in to her being utterly annihilated by Asuka next week. As in, complete devastation, Brooke doesn't get a single move in, total obliteration. That'd be good. Bloody Dana Brooke.

• Paid Members

Decent show this week but a couple of things stood out for me:

Ā 

1) That the promo work by the NXT guys is streets ahead of the main roster guys. Promo classes do work!

Ā 

2) That Crews, Gargano & Ciampa are good but they don't connect with the audience beyond "look at this move!" Ciampa, particularly, needs to slow down and let what he does sink in before doing something else.

• Paid Members

There was a great line on this week's show during the Gargano-Crews match: "Every match is an opportunity to change your future". Just a throwaway line but a fantastic thing to keep in the back of viewers' minds during what could be seen as meaningless matches.

Ā 

Loved the hype video for the Iron Man match at the end of the show. Tremendous video.

Ā 

And I hope that all the effort of building and pushing Dana Brooke over the course of this year has just been one long lead in to her being utterly annihilated by Asuka next week. As in, complete devastation, Brooke doesn't get a single move in, total obliteration. That'd be good. Bloody Dana Brooke.

Dana Brooke's natural dislikability combined with her confidence definitely amounts to a lot more potential than the obvious competition for the same spot, Eva Marie. I reckon if her in-ring has come on by a year from now she'll be on the main roster as a top heel on the Divas side.