NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Watched a bit of NXT today. Eva Marie is nowhere near as bad as, ahem, that crowd (I'm being polite) want her to be. She's coming along very well as a smug twat heel.

I thought regal was doing his you-manga version of her name, but it does seem that its aska with the silent u. A bit tricky from a marketing perspective no?

Why? You spell it the same for the t-shirt. Plus, anyone in the company only has to hear how it's pronounced once to know how it's pronounced, unless they're idiots.

• Paid Members
Thought they were going with some kind of dodgy referee angle with the stopped count, if this was the attitude era Eva would have been giving sexual favours. Turns out they just botched the camera angle.

Given Eva's inset promo, I think the angle is, at the very least, that the ref is crushing on her and didn't want to count her out last week. Her demeanour screamed "Do my homework Help me out and I'll let you think you can screw me."

Edited by air_raid

Thought they were going with some kind of dodgy referee angle with the stopped count, if this was the attitude era Eva would have been giving sexual favours. Turns out they just botched the camera angle.

Given Eva's inset promo, I think the angle is, at the very least, that the ref is crushing on her and didn't want to count her out last week. Her demeanour screamed "Do my homework Help me out and I'll let you think you can screw me."

They should go a step further and have the refs actively looking to avoid counting the falls - slow counts, taking ages getting into position, loads of that Hebner style testing the shoulders are on the mat, looking up repeatedly to see if her foot's on the rope - so it looks like she's being protected. Full Sail see her as a project of the management, so why not make out she's the Authority's Chosen Diva? If anything, it's a shame the foot on the rope was a correct call.

• Paid Members

If anything, it's a shame the foot on the rope was a correct call.

That's exactly what I thought. They missed an opportunity to build the story there. What actually happened was Eva legitimately got her foot on the ropes, then legitimately won by count-out. Oh well, let's hope they re-visit shitty reffing in her next match.

The Asuka segment was pretty underwhelming. The heels' promo about chasing away Charlotte and Becky... well, no, they made it to Raw and one won a championship. Asuka's smile was great though and the segment did do it's job in that I wanna see Asuka absolutely slay these two now.

• Paid Members

The Asuka segment was pretty underwhelming. The heels' promo about chasing away Charlotte and Becky... well, no, they made it to Raw and one won a championship. Asuka's smile was great though and the segment did do it's job in that I wanna see Asuka absolutely slay these two now.

You mean heels lie?

Asuka is going to kick their ass-ka.

• Paid Members

You mean heels lie?

Asuka is going to kick their ass-ka.

She'd going to get them in a chinlock and shout to the ref 'Ask-ha'

The crowd were really annoying during the Eva Marie match weren't they? The chants of Super Dragon being the worst.

Eva Marie did annoy me with her constant "How You Doin'" mocking of Carmella, but she is improving and seems to be trying to become better.