NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

So, Twitter is abuzz with the main event of the next Takeover being announced. Not sure how much of a spoiler it is seeing as HHH and the official NXT and WWE Twitters are talking about it but I'll use tags just in case...

Ā 

Ā 

Bayley v Sasha for the Womens Title in a 30 Minute Iron (Wo)Man Match!

Ā 

Ā 

Blimey, that'll be a bit good!

This week's tag matches were both very enjoyable. Hopefully Gargano and Ciampa will become permanent members of the roster, the crowd seemed to be well in to Johnny. It was a nice novelty seeing Joe and Finn in front of the big WWE crowd (forgetting about Brooklyn) and I felt that Finn had a lot more swag coming down and doing his entrance in the leather jacket and opening it up to reveal the title than when he is the demon. The demon just doesn't do a lot for me.

Edited by Sexy Dad

• Awards Moderator

I'm afraid with Dana it's not just her performances, everything about her grates on me and has done since the start. I haven't had this much completely irrational dislike for a wrestler since Justin Credible, and even he had 'hangs out with X-Pac' as a redeeming feature.

• Paid Members

She isn't that bad now I've seen her a couple of times. She has some upswing, though she really needs to do more in her entrance than the 'giddy stripper muscle girl' pose. I still think she's about to frig one out or lick her own tit. She looks way too weird doing it. Women's division is gonna be alright though. Bayley, Emma, Dana and possibly Nia Jax will be the new central players. The real test for them is to be accepted and captivating enough for 'them' to not compare to the Horsewomen.

To me, ever since turning heel, Emma has come across with her facial expressions and mannerisms like "let's get this over with".

It's a shame because she was as over during her babyface run (before being called up to the main roster) as Bayley is now.

Ā 

I'm not sure if genuinely is not arsed anymore, or that is how she thinks a heel should be acting.

Ā 

With her being like that, Dana still being quite green in most areas, and Nia Jax & Kana needing time to establish their personas - I was hoping Alexa Bliss might be next in line for a feud with Bayley.

She is the most over female heel they have now Sasha Banks has (presumably) left.

The division will be fine. Kana will provide the high quality while the newer faces keep developing, and there's Athena rumoured to be on the way too.

Ā 

Dana is improving but her heel taunts are dull. The bicep flex is full on Luger while the arm rubbing thing just looks weird. I quite enjoyed Carmella this week though.

Ā 

The new lot are getting better but there may be a drop in match quality while the pieces are put in place.

Given that Joe's not quite his model of 10 years ago, finding someone he can hot-tag with might be the way to make the step up for him. The good reaction in a not particularly lively setting means the transition up might not be as difficult as you'd expect. No rush, but I really hope he does get a go on the main roster and that he's not just in a Rhyno role.

Ā 

Kana's new name:

COlKO5XWgAAEyVN.jpg

Edited by sj5522

Emma has always had Jim Ross face. Even smiling she looks like her face is dead.

Looks tired/bored all the time. Horrible face.

I think she's the hottest of all the women in the company! Guess it's each to their own. Everyone has their types. She does look a bit sleepy though, I agree.

Jimmy fucking Uso on commentary? They'll give anyone the headset. Although I might now start answering any question with "I have no response! This is exciting! NXT, let's go, baby!" Christ.

Ā 

I'm starting to get into Samoa Joe. His Full Sail showings have been fairly bland but the guy seems to be playing the smart game: keep it solid and don't cock up the little matches, then let loose on the big stage. So happy to see talking to the camera on the way to the ring making a comeback outside of Cena. Say what you will about his look, but his expression comes across as utterly legit that he wants to fight. Even his music was on point - that roar was timed perfectly in the ring.

Ā 

Shades of Bullet Club Devitt in Finn Balor's entrance?

Ā 

I still think there's too much going on with Dana. She's clearly confident in front of a crowd, but like a lot of people have said, this 'Total Diva' gimmick doesn't really give her a single strong point. Early days, but it's easier to teach a good actor to wrestle than vice versa. She needs to ditch the skater shoes. And she has a sexually-confusing late Leslie Ash face.

Ā 

Did Billie Kay and Peyton Royce (yek! Duffer of a name) do EXACTLY the same entrance? I'm all for getting talent comfortable in front of the camera, but aside from being told one's Australian and another does slooooow spin kicks, there was absolutely nothing to them.

Ā 

Bayley vignette made her look great and really showed what they can do with her, PR-wise. Really pleased for her. She's a great example of how they develop people down there organically.

Ā 

Bit disappointed with the Dusty tags so far, but I kinda feel a true Dusty tribute would have a vet making a rookie against two utter bastards, but you can't do that every match, I suppose. Team ROH looked REALLY little. Bull and Breeze as a duo could have really had legs. "Bull. Is. Gor. Geous."

Ā 

If Kana does the neon geisha thing from her promo photo, that's fine by me.

Ā 

A solid show. Hopefully a slow start to building the next lot of talent.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members

Emma is a rotten performer, probably the worst woman on the whole roster. In the ring she is passable, but her facials, character and mic work just aren't there at all and her look is only average so she doesn't even have that going for her. The two new Aussie girls are an instant upgrade from Emma and they're pretty much a pair of CAW templates themselves.

They've pretty much struck gold with the four they've produced recently in Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte and Becky. Promoting three of them, whilst thoroughly deserved on their part, has pretty much killed the division in NXT. I'm not really buying Dana Brooke, although I can accept she'll get there eventually.

Ā 

Bayley will suffer for it, the other three had each other to have good matches with.

I quite like Emma these days, wasn't a fan of her face gimmick at all.

Yeah no doubt this form of her is way better. The arms dance thing was worth a chuckle a few times, just cringey once it hit Raw