NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

bayley vs eva marie is rumored for takeover london  :cry:   

That was from a Reddit post that contained false information.

What happened was this week's Observer in it has a comment from Meltzer in which he wrote that Eva Marie is in line for a big push, possibly for NXT Womens title contention.

Some dude on Reddit took his words out of context and said that Bayley vs Eva Marie was the next big womens feud. The Reddit piece then added a paragraph of fantasy booking about how Bayley would be in a 3 way feud with Dana Brooke and Eva Marie, with a match potentially happening at NXT Takeover: London. NONE of this was in the Observer at all, yet the Reddit guy falsely attributed this to the Observer.

This is what people do - make up stuff and embellish reports, then attach a somewhat credible source's name to make it seem like it's genuine news. Then when it doesn't happen, the Observer/Meltzer gets heat/criticism - for stuff they never wrote in the first place.  

Edited by ClassicsGuy

What happened was this week's Observer in it has a comment from Meltzer in which he wrote that Eva Marie is in line for a big push, possibly for NXT Womens title contention.

Some dude on Reddit took his words out of context and said that Bayley vs Eva Marie was the next big womens feud. The Reddit piece then added a paragraph of fantasy booking about how Bayley would be in a 3 way feud with Dana Brooke and Eva Marie, with a match potentially happening at NXT Takeover: London. NONE of this was in the Observer at all, yet the Reddit guy falsely attributed this to the Observer.

This is what people do - make up stuff and embellish reports, then attach a somewhat credible source's name to make it seem like it's genuine news. Then when it doesn't happen, the Observer/Meltzer gets heat/criticism - for stuff they never wrote in the first place.  

this is wrestling so everything is not true as I said it is 'rumored' for takerover london 

• Paid Members

this is wrestling so everything is not true as I said it is 'rumored' for takerover london 

Rumour has it Big Boss Man is winning the Royal Rumble next year.

At an All-Star show with Earthquake in 1999 at a theatre in Birmingham, some young kids in front of us had heard a rumour that the main event was Steve Austin vs The Rock vs Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels.

Bayley vs Eva could be a really fun match. According to Meltzer, the reason the divas Takeover matches go so well is that they rehearse them for weeks beforehand. If that's the case, you'd think Eva and Bayley could work out something passable.  Almost definitely not up to the standard of the last few, but it'd have a crowd dynamic that those ones didn't have. Instead of "we respect both your workrates" there'd be a tremendous babyface and heel response.

• Paid Members

If the crowd ever gave Eva an applause for a performance, she better do Jericho at Mania XIX post match. Actually in Full Sail,they'd cheer that, the meta twats. Florida seems awful for crowds. I reckon every Takeover next year will be away from there if the Takeover concept continues.

• Paid Members

On a side note, why is Brie so shit compared to her sister? Nikki in fairness has come along leaps and bounds since they returned but Brie is leagues behind her. Was there always a stark difference between them?

Nikki seems to have gained a little thickness and looks quite a bit stronger than a couple of years back. Stuff like the Rack Attack and one or two other moves she does are clear evidence that she's gained some strength and it being easier to lift opponents makes the basics look better too. Brie looks weedy in comparison to her sister.

The differences between being married to John Cena and to the vegan Daniel Bryan may extend beyond how hard you're pushed.

• Paid Members

NXT seems to be TNA, but without the bad luck and decisions. It’s started out taping weekly shows in an intimate venue in Florida. It then moved to running occasional feature-length shows in the same venue. The fanbase grew organically and those specials were made more regular. The fanbase grew still, and now those specials have been taken on the road and selling out large venues same day. Finally, they’ve embarked on an international tour, which will probably yield more sell-outs.

The growth of NXT has been fantastic to watch.

Do you think there's any drive to get NXT on normal telly in the states? I know they tried for ages before but I haven't heard if they're still trying. I also know that nobody wants to advertise during wrestling so it's a tough sell and all that.

I don't think Eva Marie's wrestling ability (or distinct lack thereof) is the problem, I think it's because she's been portrayed as a vapid, selfish dolt on Total Divas for the entire run, with zero redeeming qualities and without an ounce of likability or charisma. I mean, her normal speaking voice. She's got the delivery of a 6 year old sight reading the Flash Player terms and conditions. What chance does she have on a scripted promo?

• Paid Members

NXT seems to be TNA, but without the bad luck and decisions.

But WITH the bellend home fans.

I never discounted them ;)

To be fair, I don’t find them as annoying as I did the “Impact Zone” fans. But they do have their moments.