NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

Sasha Banks is just fantastic. She's got it all. I've said it before but she's my pick for wrestler of the year, there's nobody I've enjoyed watching more this year bar Lesnar.

Really enjoyable match with Rhyno/Corbin vs Gargano/Ciampa too, and the Vaudevillains calling Alexa a wench amused me more than it should have. Opening segment with Breeze, Bull and Adam Rose was a bit of a mess, though. Has Rose been Emma'd back to NXT, then?

That final stretch from Bayley's extra enthusiastic entrance to running into the crowd to having Izzy join her in the ring was amazing. Bayley is such an awesome babyface.

The final back and forth between she and Sasha Banks was top notch stuff. Compared to the stilted and eroded stuff delivered on Raw, this felt like a real conversation with helpings of respect, anger, aggression and passion. A real money segment.

Edited by freaky

• Paid Members

Feel quite sorry for Adam Rose. That besides the scenes piece that aired on him had him come off as a great guy who was working his ass off to make it all work out for himself. Then the WWE lumped him with an uneven gimmick so terrible and out of character that although given a chance was always destined to fail.

So Rose's new gimmick is that he says poop alot? And he looks a right burk.

Bull Dempsey in his grey tshirt with man-tit sweat stain, fucking state of him!

Who is the ring announcer who can't say Contest properly ("this next con......test")

Do we reckon that Nia Jax is doing some kind of post match beat down at Takeover for her debut?

Saxton -"I wasn't expecting to see Sasha Banks here!". Must have gone for a piss when they showed her getting out of her car 20 minutes earlier

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I like Adam Rose's new gimmick in theory. Former party guy now spoiling everyone else's party. I like incorporating the old gimmick but it just wasn't done well at all!! it needed setting up rather than just dumping it on us. Plus the vest and glasses looked shit. It could still work but it almost needs a "Right to censor" sort of approach to it

and the state of that "wha wha whaaaa" sound effect instead of a theme??!!!!

Edited by Slapnuts

• Awards Moderator

I'm 32 years old and that bit with bayley celebrating with izzy had The tears streaming. Right in the feels!

Dude I'm glad you wrote that. I was proper welling up too. They can be arses but the NXT crowd were all over it as well. I particularly liked the woman in the crowd fanning her face whilst weeping.