NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I think they're worse, they've basically learned from the impact goons, and been infiltrated by a lot of them. It's basically wrestlingforum.com type fans, rats and hipsters. The dirt worst, the trolling from most of the roster prior to Brooklyn was magnificent. Entitled marks. They mean nothing.

I hope that (aside from the one that's confirmed for October) they never have a Takeover show again. The butthurtresponse they had to Brooklyn was hilariously dreadful and cunty

who cares what they think?

I will say for the Eva heat though, if the Bellas could get reactions anything as concrete as that on Raw, we could have a women's division. So whether it's justified or fair or not, I'm not really bothered. I'm too used to womens divs with no/few discernible faces or heels to be bothered by this.

As cunty as the Full Sail crowd can be, they are booing Eva Marie because they just do not like her.  And why would they?  She's been nothing but absolutely shit, and somebody above mentioned her lack of redeeming qualities which is spot on.  She has never shown herself to be anything other than thick as pig shit and everything I personally dislike about a person.

This isn't a Roman Reigns-style rejection.  For starters, she's a heel, and we're supposed to react the way Full Sail have reacted.  They've done absolutely nothing wrong in this instance - they are just booing somebody they don't like.

Do you think there's any drive to get NXT on normal telly in the states? I know they tried for ages before but I haven't heard if they're still trying. I also know that nobody wants to advertise during wrestling so it's a tough sell and all that.

I don't think so. Long and short of it is that if I'm trading with WWE, I want to be able to see all the big WWE names on my show.   So, either you'll get 20 minutes of wrestling, 10 minutes of promos interviews and 20 minutes of what's happened on Raw and Smackdown, or you start having crossovers which will lead to the decline of NXT as a separate "brand"

On the other hand, if I'm WWE, I'm trying to keep Network Subs going.   NXT is a great tool to put on there, in the same way that Amazon and Netflix are making their own shows.  

I like the Full Sail fans. They're a big part of the show.

Yeah, I don't get the dislike (or outright hatred in WWFChilli's case) at all.

They mostly cheer for the good guys and boo the bad guys.

At the very worst, somebody will get a 50/50 reaction like Sasha Banks but they don't shit all over angles or promos.

As Slapnut pointed out, they are shitting over Eva Marie matches, but that comes across on TV like it should - they hate the heel. Especially when she wins.

Baron Corbin got some smart-mark reactions early in his run. But as that ended up turning him heel and he became much more entertaining in that role, I don't see that as a bad thing.

The fans I think of when I think of Full Sail are the guy & his kid front row who go crazy for pretty much every babyface, the little girl in the corner of the front row who dresses like Bayley, and lots & lots of Finn Balor t-shirts.

(There is Tye Dye Guy too but fuck him).

Yeah they can be irritating (sulking over Brooklyn like entitled brats being the biggest moment) but I don't find the Full Sail bunch anywhere near as infuriating as the Impact shit cunts. Didn't some of them act like they owned the Impact Zone bullying people over seats?

Yeah they do.  And the security there side with their "regulars".  Que'd in the intense Orlando sunshine for hours and got front row, only to be moved on by an entitle toss pot who thought it was his seat. Complained to the security who said "well, he is here every week sir".  So I kicked up a fuss but the security guy said, find a seat somewhere else or leave.  Since my son wanted to watch the show I digressed.  But yeah, tossers in there!

Touche.

To clarify, I wasn't defending smart-mark tossers like me who wear I HATE CENA shirts.

I was saying I don't believe the Full Sail crowd are that kind of smart-mark crowd.

But since you brought it up, I got rid of it after one of those videos about his charity work brought me to tears.

A very sick child in hospital said to camera: "John Cena says Never Give Up, and I won't".

Not enjoying most of his matches seemed kind of irrelevant after that.

• Paid Members

It's not outright hatred (just relishing for humour) but the last few posts have nailed it. The sense of entitlement, the feeling that they deserve priority (DoinkBrah's) story is something I've actually heard from someone I know who goes to the Takeover shows) and the po faced reactions over Brooklyn is really what made me dislike them. I look at them and just can't scrub the feeling that they are awful. They have some positives (the specific fans for people like Bayley are great) and when they had the Sasha/Lynch match and Lynch legit won them over.

The iMPACT fans who bullied people if not mistaken, were Jeff Hardy fans I think, they used to scream to the front and fuck off after his match or some nonsense.