NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Because, they're cunts.

Ā 

I'm glad they're trying to cultivate the heat on Eva as her using her looks to schmooze things in her decision, instead of the silent explanation that she's a model who DA INTURNET doesn't rate. It's not like an Authority figure on TV back her, so giving her this little angle is good. The replica belts to live show fans will still crow. I want the lads to keep taking Takeovers and special matches to other places so they can keep crying. Gobshites.

Ā 

For the record Eva isn't doing bad for someone so new to working on a regular basis and has a genuine look of someone so unlikeable. I hope she improves, since I've really never been keen on her. Needs to cut the sliced bread like, bit ambitious.

Edited by WWFChilli

Needs to cut the sliced bread like, bit ambitious.

Ā 

To be fair, Sabu did well with that kind of fan and he spent his whole career trying to do spots he just wasn't capable of doing.

Ā 

Being over-ambitious with the moves was what killed Naomi's chances, I think. She's athletic, but not athletic enough to pull off the moves she tries. Well, that and everything in-between the moves looking like a rubbish trainee running to get in place for the next spot. She doesn't seem as bad now to me, but that's because I have skipped her matches due to her previous poor form.

It's not like Eva didn't get brutal heat in Brooklyn, and probably will a fair bit in London too. Couldn't give a shit. I still want Full Sail to fuck off though long-term cos it drains atmosphere.

Meh I just fast forward Eva matches anyway.

Ā 

Only NXT crowd chant that genuinely made me cringe was the "we are awesome" one from a while back.

Ā 

Is there anyone more useless than Carmella? The crowd clearly don't give a shit about her or her Enzo light entrance and she is absolutely rotten once the bell rings.

Ā 

She is also the second least likeable face on the roster just behind Dolf Fuckface Ziggler.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Okay. I don't see it but it might be me. I think I can count the times they've been unfunny or annoying on one hand in the year I've been watching. Opinions!

Ā 

Are chants of 'All Botch Everything'Ā or 'You can't wrestle' funny?

Ā 

It's funny because it's true.

Ā 

Elsewhere on the board, people have talked about the successor to John Cena, and how important it is that it not be forced, pushed down people's throats. Yet that's exactly what they're doing with Eva Marie. And because it's Full Sail, the assumption by some of you is that they're being smarks, rather than genuine fans who see someone being put on their show - which has lower ability thresholds than the main roster - who hasn't put in the work, and isn't ready. Dana Brooke is green as hell. Carmella, too. But they're green after years of training at the Performance Centre. They've put in the work and the Florida fans have seen it at house shows. Eva Marie? Management project who sucks. I'd be chanting shit at her, too.

• Paid Members

That's actually not true. They actually all got signed around the same time. Except they launched Total Divas a few months later and Eva, because they saw something unique in her look, fast tracked her to the Total Divas gig and therefore going on the road with the main roster as opposed to be a bit more seasoned. So rather than being an unknown green heel like Brooke. She's a well known heel. But in fact they all were assigned at the same time.

• Paid Members

It doesn't matter when they were signed, it's what they've done - and been seen to have done - since they signed. Some worked hard, others didn't. Even if that's not strictly true, that's the perception.

• Paid Members

How is that percepted though. Two of them were not on TV and one was. Only an idiot would turn down the spot on TD that Eva got offered. Perception is bollocks when you have smarkwanks crying, especially the test tube iMPACT crowd. It strikes none of them that it's a developmental show at times. Two of them 'worked hard' and one of them had to be on the road, filming a tv show, doing PR for the company. I doubt she was sat around fingering herself when training with Kendrick either. The dirt worst reaction would be Eva getting some far decent or having a good match and those wellies applaud or 'accept' her. Ugh, the worst.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Eh, I think you have a bigger problem with "smarkwanks", whatever they are, than with the age-old problem of a shitarse getting a push. Each to their own, but maybe NXT - as long as it's taped at Full Sail - isn't for you.

Edited by Linus

• Paid Members

I don't agree that the fans add to the NXT experience, well no more than you'd expect. They're hot as fuck for Enzo and Big Cass and joining in with their entrance is all well but that aside they're horrible. Typical smart mark crowd that are trying to get themselves over.

Ā 

Linus, you surely remember the FWA crowd? Awesome in the early days, then eventually after developing a greater sense of self-importance they became unbearable, spending most of the shows trying to come up with the funniest chants to amuse each other. That wasn't adding to the shows at all for me.

• Paid Members

I think maybe the worst excesses of the FWA crowd might have been after I left, in 2002, but it's definitely something I have an issue with at PROGRESS at times. But for me, and I can only talk for me, other than the "we are awesome!" chant, I can't put the NXT fans on anywhere near that level.

Ā 

And they add to the show in a lot of ways: the adulation for Zayn & Bayley, the adoption of cheesy gimmicks like BullFit and Perfect 10, and the booing of actual heels and cheering of actual babyfaces, which is rare these days.

Eh, I think you have a bigger problem with "smarkwanks", whatever they are, than with the age-old problem of a shitarse getting a push.

That's hit the nail on the head for me.

Ā 

And I still take issue with the idea that the crowd are being cunts because they are booing a heel who they dislike. They get hammered on here when they cheer the heels, so what reaction are they allowed to have? Come on, somebody please give me an explanation because I really don't get it.

Edited by Slapnut