NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Probably don't want to get into the big debate again, but I think it was decided that if WWE announce it via facebook/twitter/their website/their app etc then it's not a spoiler, whether it's aired or not.

Ā 

There's two more TV tapings before Takeover: London, so who knows what else will happen before it, but I think we'll probably get Bayley vs. Asuka (or perhaps too soon for that) and Joe vs. Balor. Ā Vaudevillains vs. Gable & Jordan perhaps.

Ā 

Ā 

I think Eddie's tongue might be in his cheek there.

damn, I need to improve on being able to gauge that stuff haha. for an hour Iost all hope in humanity

Ā 

Sorry about that (though in fairness, if nothing else the "Slick" addition should have given it away).

Ā 

We noticed fat piper-shirt bloke giving it the thumbs-down like a depressed turd when watching the show and I laughed at his sad face, while my mate pointed out it might be a "cunning plan" to show Sasha that he's a true fan that believes in her and would be a great boyfriend/lover/advocate/stalker.

Ā 

lol of course, I'm a fool. Busy day

Just watched the NXT episode of WWE 24. I've never watched NXT (and probably never will) but they did such a great job highlighting the women on the show that I really, really want Bayley to succeed. What a great piece of promotion.

Ā 

On the other hand Finn Balor could do with a personality transplant.

Had to watch Takeover Respect again last night. Watched Takeover Brooklyn the day after I watched it too. Can't remember the last time I checked shows out more than once. I usually give Manias a second burn a few months after but never so soon. May be my fav 'promotion' of any timeframe at this point.

• Paid Members

Taken me four days to finish the show. I thought it was good top to bottom, great main event but overall, way below the Brooklyn show which I think is probably my show of the year.

Ā 

Dunno if it was just because I never really got into the tag tournament - massive missed opportunity IMO - but I didn't love the final matches. They were good and I echo the comments on Gable and Jordan, they can be ace but the result was a forgone conclusion and I was only really interested in whether Joe would turn. Can't help thinking that NXT is lacking a major heel after Owens departure and if Joe had whacked Balor with that trophy while the Rhodes family looked on in disgust, it would have been huge.

Ā 

Asuka being pronounced Aska always reminds me of when they used the Great Sasuke and Ross would pronounce it Saskay like a smart-arse John Motson clone. Match was good. I like Dana Brooke.

Ā 

Loved the main event. The work can be sloppy but they work fucking hard, take big hits and tell a story. I liked the continuity from the first match. Sasha blocking the kick out of the corner after she bad mouthed Bayley and then expecting that weird frankensteiner thing and landing on her feet were nice touches as was Bayley turning the tables and smashing up Sasha's hand which lead to the finish. Another great bit of the story.

Ā 

Didn't love the aftermath. Too much of Sasha crying heroically made me love her even more. She should have disappeared and left Bayley to take all the glory.

Ā 

Amazing to think I'd rather poke a cocktail stick down my shaft than sit through a five minute women's match on Raw. I could have watched this main event for another half hour. They do such a good job with the women on NXT. They're not just swimsuit models playing wrestling. They have realistic personalities which just accentuate themselves rather than playing Teen movie stereotypes. They get treated the same as the men in the way feuds are built and end. And importantly, they can work. They're not flawless but then nor are the guys. NXT's booking helps too. The TV is boring as shit but it does mean matches are saved for the big shows and when they come around, they feel special.

Ā 

James Storm? Fucking hell. Can't wait to see him after a few years of TNA ruining him with fucking drivel. He's a tremendous babyface but NXT needs heels. Wonder where they'll go with him.

Didn't love the aftermath. Too much of Sasha crying heroically made me love her even more. She should have disappeared and left Bayley to take all the glory.

Ā 

Ā 

Disagree with that, now they've main evented I'd like to see kayfabe kept up more but Sasha shouldn't have to skulk off like any loser of any match. Those 2 matches, sending a crowd of thousands ballistic and main eventing a big-deal show have been so, so long in the making, and who knows when Sasha will get to have another one like it.

I used to think women legitimately couldn't do stuff like this, cos, I dunno, tits or something. Then I saw some joshi and been hoping against hope for days like this ever since. Defo deserved her boquet

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Ā 

That was my only gripe too, Sasha was super babyface in my eyes at the end of the show when she was breaking down in tears and getting hugs off Trips and co. I thought it was a genuinely touching moment, I couldn't help but feel for her. So all these people going on about what an outstanding heel she was must have stopped watching by then.

Ā 

I used to think women legitimately couldn't do stuff like this, cos, I dunno, tits or something.

Ā 

:laugh:

Ā 

Ā 

That was my only gripe too, Sasha was super babyface in my eyes at the end of the show when she was breaking down in tears and getting hugs off Trips and co. I thought it was a genuinely touching moment, I couldn't help but feel for her. So all these people going on about what an outstanding heel she was must have stopped watching by then.

Ā 

I used to think women legitimately couldn't do stuff like this, cos, I dunno, tits or something.

Ā 

Ā 

To be honest I find the whole tears and snot thing to be a little much. Just generally if you want to cry all over the place do it in the back but I find Bayley particularly looked bloody miserable from the moment she walked out. I can see they are trying to show how women feel vindicated after years of being relegated to the lower card but similarly to x-factor contestants wheeling out their 'hard life' story this is getting a little tiresome!Ā 

Ā 

Bayley irritates the crap out of me. I don't really know why but I think it's this flakey 'I can do it' thing that just AHHHHH! That said I don't watch NXT weekly so maybe this is character based.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

that was my innocent-minded reasoning anyway! I'd almost rather I was right instead of the reality they were only wanted for unsubtle "sexy" sideshows by the E and most of its audience.

This makes me feel better about the world. Laugh if you must! But that's why I think it was worth the kayfabe breaking song & dance at the end

I'll be first to admit I've done pretty well to remain a wrestling fan to this point. All my friends think it's just the worst garbage. Maybe I'll show em this

Edited by sj5522

Bayley irritates the crap out of me. I don't really know why but I think it's this flakey 'I can do it' thing that just AHHHHH! That said I don't watch NXT weekly so maybe this is character based.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If you don't watch something weekly then that will be why you don't get the appeal of something. Plus you're probably not the target demographic for the Bayley character. She's not really meant to be 'for you'.