The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

23 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I did at first think it was a photoshop like the classic 'prick with a fork' one.. 

It's a really old picture of him though either way. 

It was when he was accused of cultural appropriation by changing the ingredients of jerk seasoning and using it for rice. The wanker.  https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/20/jamie-olivers-jerk-rice-dish-a-mistake-says-jamaica-born-chef

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was when he was accused of cultural appropriation by changing the ingredients of jerk seasoning and using it for rice. The wanker.  https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/20/jamie-olivers-jerk-rice-dish-a-mistake-says-jamaica-born-chef

Ah right. I saw something about that like a week or so ago, but didn't actually read into it so I thought the jerk stuff was something that happened recently. It must have 'resurfaced' as they say these days. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

If you're looking for a better reason than 'because he's a bellend' you're unlikely to find satisfaction.

That was utterly embarrassing. The audience half heartedly clapping along, and someone in production clearly had the vision that they'd all be up on their feet singing along. 

Should get @Astro Hollywood on this - not quite the same level, but comparable to Barrymore doing vocal yellowface.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s an overdubbed comedy video, right? That’s not actually Oliver singing. 

Hmmmm, I'm not convinced it's NOT him. It's exactly the sort of thing that would've happened in the early to mid 00s, and some bits sound just like him.

At the very least, it's a dreadful cod reggae song about cooking lamb curry at a Jamie Oliver LIVE SHOW, that he is singing along to. Let's all just enjoy that.

Edit: it is him.

Altogether now: LAMB CURRAAAAAAY

Edited by SuperBacon
LAMB CURRAAAAAAY