The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah big time, but only foods with *looks at the camera in Carbomb* jam in.

Don't single me out! I know you like

david-caruso-glasses-on.gif.2f5f133d6f08dddc419e2e8f5e7d04b3.gif

jam in too.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Mrs Mears birthday and she asked if I can cook biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast tomorrow after we're out on the town later (in her defence she's from North America). Really pleased with how the biscuits turned out, much nicer than the shite I've had at US takeaways unsurprisingly 

20231118_163543.thumb.jpg.177f5302f9c979cd56db6125241ea271.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, not dissimilar. They're less crumbly and somewhat different taste. Recipe I used included buttermilk and honey which probably gives it some of that different flavour.

So it's scones and gravy? And what we call gravy, not their "sometimes pasta sauce is called gravy" gravy?

I mean it sounds tremendous, but no wonder they all have high cholesterol! 

• Paid Members

Massively stretching the definition of cooking but I tried this "Pizza" toastie I've seen in loads of shite short videos. Man I fucking hate that format. Anyway, had some leftover pizza sauce so tried this. It's got pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni inside and then pizza sauce and more cheese on top. 7 mins in the air fryer. The cheese on top melts beautifully and you end up with something that's crispy on the outside but soft and warm in the middle. There's loads of garbage on those Tick Tock style videos and I'm sooooooo over covering everything in fucking cheese because the "cheese pull" makes people watch anything but this was genuinely good.

image.thumb.png.26a4f93c22bd62c89b88f3ab38f89e4e.png