Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Was that the same tour where there was a bit of bother afterwards with fans being twats as the wrestlers were leaving? I'm sure it was Liverpool, maybe wrong year though.

Don't recall hearing about that. Anyone got any light on that?. I do know people were supposed to have been going as far as to block employees from leaving after the 2015 Royal Rumble. Might you be thinking of that one?

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Don't recall hearing about that. Anyone got any light on that?. I do know people were supposed to have been going as far as to block employees from leaving after the 2015 Royal Rumble. Might you be thinking of that one?

I'm sure there was something regarding the plight of the fans in Liverpool. Maybe shit was getting thrown at the tour bus, I seem to remember people on here saying they could 'say goodbye to future events'.

Am I losing the plot/making this up? It's really familiar.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I'm sure there was something regarding the plight of the fans in Liverpool. Maybe shit was getting thrown at the tour bus, I seem to remember people on here saying they could 'say goodbye to future events'.

Am I losing the plot/making this up? It's really familiar.

Ok. Now I know what to look for. As I said, first I've heard of that. But yeah. Bit of a dick thing to do if true. I remember being on a bus home from college and some utter turdnugget thought it was a good idea to chuck a rock at a window at the empty seat in front of me. The window shattered close to breaking completely. No idea what they were thinking.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Ok. Now I know what to look for. As I said, first I've heard of that. But yeah. Bit of a dick thing to do if true. I remember being on a bus home from college and some utter turdnugget thought it was a good idea to chuck a rock at a window at the empty seat in front of me. The window shattered close to breaking completely. No idea what they were thinking.

Maybe the rock was being thrown at you? Had you pissed them off?

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Didn't they stop running Earl's Court shows because the crowd started throwing paper / cups at Steph?

• Paid Members

I remember there was something after a show in Birmingham, probably around 2005/06ish, where the WWE crew were getting shit off some fans from a nearby kickboxing show or something. Anyone else recall this? The best bit of the story was Viscera sitting on one of the antagonisers until the police arrived. That poor prick wasn't going anywhere. 

It was during the Birmingham tapings after WrestleMania 21. The one where Christian vs Batista was the main event of Raw. It was in the papers at the time, though a quick search didn't find any of those articles around.

Here's a Triple H interview mentioning it a few years after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vj6MrbJvs

And a forum that quotes the UKFF as a source: https://www.talkwhateveronline.com/threads/incident-at-birmingham-hotel-ft-wrestlers-and-kickboxing-fans.20647/

Mind, it seems it was kickboxing fans rather than Hunter's suggestion that it was actual kickboxers.

Edited by King Pitcos