Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

You can see a bit (just a bit) of the old school Sean Connery in Malenko when he did that gimmick. Did they do that bit that they do at the beginning of a Bond film where he is walking along, then turns and shoots on his Titantron? I seem to have a recollection of something like that. Lucky they didn't get sued for that.

6 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

He's apparantely a smooth, hilarious bastard behind the curtain, according to Chris Jericho's first book anyway.

Haven't read the book yet but that reminds me of Danny Doring's RF shoot where he's back after a spell of working as a postman for the big ECW relaunch, and Tommy Dreamer advises him quite seriously to just always laugh at Malenko's jokes no matter what. 

• Paid Members

I love that they gave Dean Malenko a ladies' man gimmick, and his response was to still act and wrestle exactly the same as he always did. The announcers trying to get him over as a charming lothario all the while.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

Haven't read the book yet but that reminds me of Danny Doring's RF shoot where he's back after a spell of working as a postman for the big ECW relaunch, and Tommy Dreamer advises him quite seriously to just always laugh at Malenko's jokes no matter what. 

Maybe he didn't admire his delivery.