Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, sj5522 said:

I know enough to say you're a massive tedious shitehawk and you hate women :)

Very unfair comment that.  He loves women.  Why else would he have 5 of them locked in his basement?

Jack Evans suffered an in-ring seizure following a horrid bump during a match in Mexico. He had to be stretchered out, and you can see from the video how fucking nasty it looks. Whoever made the decision that this bump was a sensible idea needs to be blacklisted from the wrestling industry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lucha_lipe/status/860715880136798208/video/1

Happens about 30 seconds in.

• Paid Members

That was just a muscle buster-cum-rack attack, it doesn't look too nasty a move to be honest, which just goes to show how shit it is if it's more dangerous than it looks. I hate those kind of moves anyway, always felt they look shit. Hope Evans is fine after this- never been a fan but you don't like to see this happen.

• Paid Members

Yeah there will have been worse bumps in that match. Really unfortunate though, he's a lovely bloke. I travelled to Chicago about a decade a go for an ROH show and after the meet and greet I was wandering the streets trying to find my way to the venue (it was an hour away). He saw me looking lost and gave me his spot in his car and said he'd find his own way there. 

I reminded him of this when I saw him at Fight Club Pro the other week and of course he didn't remember but I wanted to thank him anyway. Top man. Hope he's OK.

1 hour ago, AdamTH17 said:

Jack Evans suffered an in-ring seizure following a horrid bump during a match in Mexico. He had to be stretchered out, and you can see from the video how fucking nasty it looks. Whoever made the decision that this bump was a sensible idea needs to be blacklisted from the wrestling industry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lucha_lipe/status/860715880136798208/video/1

Happens about 30 seconds in.

The move doesn't look that bad, it could purely have been an accident, could have been a small knock but his body had taken damage from other moves or it could have just been badly done. Sad about the seizure however. 

Awesome story about Jack.

Looking at the video, I am wondering if it was related a neck injury at all. I was thinking it's possible the way he was folded up his knee knocked his head on the impact, the way he was moving looked to be more consistent with a head injury than neck trauma.

Horrible stuff there. In the video I saw, the heels are looking concerned while Evans gets stretchered out so I highly doubt it could be a work. Move does look bad. Unlike the (dangerous enough, as we know) musclebuster that rack version looks like it's just bound to jar bones in your body that you just don't want to mess with. 

Best wishes to him, fond memories of Jack from TWC days

Edited by sj5522