Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

4 messages that have been read and ignored should be more than enough. And yes it was mainly having been reading on here for ten years before signing up but it is still disappointing there's not a common courtesy.

I donated last year sometime. I did message about getting paid status, but I'm not bothered really. After all, what I donated is just a small price to pay for the laughs I've had from reading over the years.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

That's pretty damn cool. And I'm glad for him, he's come a long, long way. I remember when he started out; he was still quite ordinary-looking, and the fact he's now being used to advertise a suit designed for muscular guys shows how much work he's put in.

• Paid Members

I was reading through last week's Observer and found a particular bit about attendance interesting. For both the Belfast and the Liverpool WWE shows, both house shows, they were each listed as being sell outs at 10,500. I can't see how this is possible when the ECHO arena is much larger than the SSE arena. This is a weird one for me as I always thought Meltzer was meant to be pretty reliable on these things? 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I donated last year sometime. I did message about getting paid status, but I'm not bothered really. After all, what I donated is just a small price to pay for the laughs I've had from reading over the years.

Yeah that's fair enough. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I was reading through last week's Observer and found a particular bit about attendance interesting. For both the Belfast and the Liverpool WWE shows, both house shows, they were each listed as being sell outs at 10,500. I can't see how this is possible when the ECHO arena is much larger than the SSE arena. This is a weird one for me as I always thought Meltzer was meant to be pretty reliable on these things? 

It was on a podcast the other week how accurate can Meltzer be when every other tweet he is asking for reports from shows 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Could it be to do with how many seats are offered and how many tickets officially go on sale?

If they tape off a chuck and only offer 10.5K tickets, that would constitute as a sell out?

• Paid Members

Yeah that could well be it, It had just gotten me thinking when I seen the numbers, but that could possibly be it. If those numbers for this tour are correct, or even in the vicinty of it, it must be one of their most successful UK tours ever.  

Edited by WeeAl

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

They both have the same capacity, 11000, according to Wikipedia.

Although I saw a London O2 Arena house show listed as having 9000 attendance a while ago while anyone who was there could tell you it was at least 15000.

• Paid Members

I just went and had a look at their websites after seeing your post and I guess it goes to show how eyes can definitely decieve. 

I've only been in the ECHO twice but the SSE/Odyssey would be the 'local' arena and I always felt it small in comparison to other similar venues, but it appears it isn't:

SSE, In The Round Seated - 8,900

SSE, In The Round Standing - 10,200

**Various Configurations including centre stage seated, up to and including 11,000.

ECHO - Capacity up to 11,000 was all I could get in detail from their large set up, although there are more details on the half hall. 

I should have looked this up earlier before posting, but I feel strange now having found out they are more or less the same size whilst for years thinking of the Odyssey as only holding 7-8,000 seats and about 10K standing. It actually would be feasible for Television in that case (did they use Liverpool before?), though having said that if you can sell out London and Manchester for more tickets at higher prices, then why go somewhere smaller.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

They did Liverpool in 2014. That was the year of the Vinny Mac "Have fun dammit!!!" Rant at the SmackDown taping. Don't think they'll get a taping for a while as they didn't seem to enjoy them.

Was that the same tour where there was a bit of bother afterwards with fans being twats as the wrestlers were leaving? I'm sure it was Liverpool, maybe wrong year though.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Carbomb said:

That's pretty damn cool. And I'm glad for him, he's come a long, long way. I remember when he started out; he was still quite ordinary-looking, and the fact he's now being used to advertise a suit designed for muscular guys shows how much work he's put in.

Praise from Shirt Caesar.