Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That's nothing. He can stick around and be a mouthpiece whilst Dawson gets a kicking from Big Cass for 2 months straight.

He's having his jaw wired shut, so I don't know how useful he's be as a mouthpiece.

16 hours ago, The Dart said:

It was Itami according to PWInsider.

Read the last post on the last page about Rosey dying but no cause of death announced, pressed next page and it jumped to this post.  He is dangerous, isn't he?

He's not injured anybody before as far as I know, just been on the receiving end. It's not like he's got a Rollins body count 

Sucks about Rosey, WWE have tweeted it so it's definitely true. His team with Hurricane is fond memories. I wonder if Roman was written off TV because they knew something was up with him? 

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Gutted for Roman and his family. To lose a brother before he's even 50.

He wasn't much of a worker but I liked 3MW and the tag team with Hurricane. If he'd lost a bit of weight, he would have been a really effective big man. He was just a little bit too immobile to really work

• Paid Members

Rosey was around in the mid-90s, which is mindblowing since you sort of associate him with the post Monday Night Wars period. But he was in the Samoan Gangsta Party in ECW, where they had that feud with the Gangstas that never gets brought up. One of the strongest angles of that time was during the Pulp Fiction promos, New Jack and Mustafa were cutting a promo and the SGP turned up in the middle of the ghetto and they beat the shit out of them. What's cool was the Pulp Fiction music stopped playing to give it that feel that it "wasnt part of the show." They gave New Jack a brain buster on the pavement, which is so fucking risky. Then they put Mustafas head under the wheel and threatened to reverse over it, before walking off. One of my favourite angles.

Shame he passed away, but it seems to be a pattern with those Samoans. They seem to hit a part of their life where cake is the only option. He was massive near the end there.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Shame he passed away, but it seems to be a pattern with those Samoans. They seem to hit a part of their life where cake is the only option. He was massive near the end there.

One young Samoan on cake cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a fucking disgrace.

He had congestive heart failure from what I've gathered. I used to mark out like crazy for The Hurricane so naturally, I loved the Super Hero In Training gimmick. His superhero one when he became fully fledged when they won the Tag Team Titles was one of the first figures I eagerly awaited when I discovered Ringside Collectibles which I always went to to be in the know what new figures were coming out and I'd save my money to buy them. Remember buying it from a Toymaster on holiday. I couldn't find it one the shelf, so member of staff checked the new case he was putting out and that was the first one he got. So I got it that day. Still have it about somewhere. Sad times.

Edited by Jon-Carr_92