Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I can't imagine anyone not liking Snitsky's baby booting. Me and my brother were in absolute stitches when we saw that back then. I still go back and watch it at least once a year.

• Paid Members

Its definitely the best thing the ugly, talentless bastards ever did. That JR segment is not funny though. Hideously long and unfunny. Unless you're Vince McMahon.

The YouTube point is intetesting. But don't WWE already focus entirely on producing stuff that can be squeezed into 30 second highlights for the attention deficit?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Which, as SCG discussed a little bit this week, is 'moments' - quick bursts of individual bits and pieces you can quickly consume, share and move on from. I was reading an article this morning that said the top 5 celebrities among 13-18 year olds are all YouTube hosts. That's the style you have to have if you want to tap into the youth today - not go back to 1998. Our world is gone, and whether it's just doing a big spot, no substance style in matches or having the announcers in the corner of the screen commenting on the matches like a YouTuber, that's the sort of thing you'd need to catch today's teens.

Raw Is Zoella.

Well put. The next step is to have fans commentating live PiP (they must have done this already surely?) as they are already obsessed with showing the crowd. 

As much as I dislike him Xavier is their best avenue into teen culture. 

I like some swears in my wrestling, just feels more natural if you can drop the odd f bomb 

WWE though should never entertain the thought of going back to attitude days. Kids matter, they're the key market and always will be. It was fucked up what they were exposing young ones to in the attitude era. It's not that bad atm anyway, Cenas not still running about calling JBL poopy, or Hornswoggle doing dreck comedy.  they drop the odd edgy line and an ass or bitch here and there. They have a good mix right now 

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Just seen one of Bubba Ray's tweets and it's 20 years ago tonight since ECW's first PPV, Barely Legal.

There's a new collection on the Network with all of the build. They've done a great job.

• Paid Members

The Shane Douglas match with Pitbull Anthony is still be going on now. Rick Rude never made the run in at the end, because of heart failure in 1999. Francine's had a kid while waiting at ringside for the last 2 decades as well. Pitbull is just laying there in a chin lock still. Nobody knows if he's alive or not. Wikipedia says he died years ago. I think that would be the call to take it home, Franchise.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay