Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

8 hours ago, sj5522 said:

I'm not buying any of it until he starts electrocuting his oppositions testicles

He'll have the Vice President's backing then.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, KJHenley said:

James Laurinaitis (Son of Road Warrior Animal) has announced his retirement from the NFL. Vince has to come calling, surely?

That's a pisser, but on the cards. I'm still peeved he did publicity for the LA move just to get cut.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

he promised to chokeslam high taxes and drop the leg on workers rights

He's promising to stop workers rights there isn't he, unless I'm misreading it. 

He really is a monster. 

The Attitude era was mostly shit in retrospect. People aren't shocked by wrestlers saying "ass" or "beer" anymore. If WWE is to be succesful again it will only come about through good booking and promotion. At the moment their storylines are awful and the wrestlers come across like geeeks, not Superstars.

No I don't think the attitude era was mostly shit in retrospect at all. Every week stories progressed and each episode left with a cliffhanger.

One thing that was brilliant about the attitude era was how everyone's storyline was intertwined with other storylines. For example DX were feuding with the corperation while The Corperation had problems with The Ministry and Stone Cold.

I remember The Outlaws feuding with LOD but they had DX (shawn and HHH) involved who at that time were feuding with Undertaker while The undertaker also had a storyline with the freshly debuted Kane.