Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Cheers for that, Benno. WWE are still miles away from their initial projections, right?

Without digging, I cant really remember initial projections for this far down the line. I remember they were aiming for golden 1m subscribers to really start pushing profit but since then they've probably upped costs by making new content although initial start up costs should be dropping considerably. My guess is that they are satisfied with the figures but might be slightly concerned with the slow down of paying customers over the last two years and have a long term aim of hitting 2m paid subsribers. I wonder if thats the ceiling for it though at the moment.

• Paid Members

Yeah they're doing well with the network, probably on the low end of what would be considered well, but their initial projections were down right silly. 

They were expecting 2-3 million steady state subscribers in the US alone by now and had some daft numbers out of a 6-8 million ceiling based on that ridiculous study where they over egged how many households have a lapsed fan in them.

I think 2-3 million is the real ceiling, but that's worldwide, not domestic. 

Pretty sure they include the TV network subscribers in all this, Canada being the main one, but I don't think the number is substantial. Surprised it never happened here with Sky. 

• Paid Members

They still include that daft "affinity" survey in their investor slides. Think the lapsed section is all the millions Scotswizard keeps banging on about. 

yXedN4A.jpg

Here's something with average subscribers for the person who was asking for a mean figure. 

kntuELj.jpg

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/sec-and-other-documents/investor-presentations

Edited by Benno

Those initial numbers were all total flim-flam to hoodwink the investors into agreeing that it was a great move to make (since to this day, they haven't reached the profitability level they had with the PPV model - given the cost of the Network, projecting 2-3 million was the only way to justifiably switch.

The way they came up with those numbers were so absurd that it boggles the mind people bought that stock based on them. But hey, buy on potential, sell on results, as they say.

• Paid Members

No you're not making it up Gus. Their profitability completely hinges on the TV deal not only staying as good as it is, but they probably need it to get larger when the next renewal comes up. A drastic cut in the rights fees and there would be some serious sweating going on at Titan.

1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

Aren't they still basically up the shitter without the TV deals? Or am I making this up?

They would be yeah, but so would any TV content creator. They wont be without a good TV deal for a long while and if TV does change substantially then I imagine they have plans for how to adjust to that. 

• Paid Members

Yeah TV is still their biggest driver.

G2eQcJv.jpg

wyhxgfC.jpg

They love bringing up YouTube views though. They obviously hope they'll one day make actual money there. 

HodHb1n.jpg

Edited by Benno