Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Here's an interesting feud going on at the moment. Apparently CM Punk made up a story to work the sheets. Meltzer didn't print it, but Punk thought he did and had a go at gullible sheet writers. In response (which he admitted was in jest) Meltzer tweeted this:

Is Raw moving back to 2 hours? Comcast listing for Monday has NCIS at 8 p.m., Raw at 9 p.m. @CMPunk #2.3 quarter hour

And today Meltzer posted this on the Observer board.

Man, if anyone wonders about who was gotten to, I heard Punk's reaction at the Comic Con was priceless.

At least I thought it was funny from the start and was just making a joke back.

#thinskin

What the fuck happened?

I seen that, and Spider RT'ed Meltzer's comment. I thought it had been forgotten about.

• Moderators

CM Punk strikes me of more and more of a loser all the time. Mr 2.3 crying away. That's priceless.

Meltzer's a big lad isn't he? Spider wants to watch who he's getting in net feuds with.

Yeah, Da Meltz is, or at least was, known for being in really good shape. He's probably in better shape cosmetically than Mr 2.3 himself. There used to be a photo of his super abs flying about at one point.

• Paid Members

Hogan wouldn't be pissing around with Power Rangers as champ. Silly Spider.

Too right. Hogan only ever lets himself be photographed with beings of equal power.hulk_hogan2.jpg Edited by air_raid

i only remember him as the white ranger but some good pics there

eek.gif

To me, this is akin to hearing that the only incarnation of the Horsemen people remember had Paul Roma in it. Green was the daddy, always swooping in to save the five dorks when they got into trouble, and he didn't outstay his welcome. When they made him the White Ranger, he effectively became King Dork, and it pissed on Jason being the leader. Not that it really mattered, Jason was a tosser.

It really went downhill after he became the white ranger. Jumped the shark. Green ranger was the man. Dragonzord was way better than whatever he got "upgraded" to. Terradactit or something probably.

White ranger had the Tigerzord and a talking sabre, which was pretty cool. But Green had a knife-flute that brought a dragonzord out of the sea, I think we all know who's cooler.

I loved the green ranger saga as a kid.

Some tweets from Tyler Reks last night'

Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer - even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV's? #GabeTuft

1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I'm 10 years & tells me if I use it again I'd me fired. #GabeTuft

He yelled at me & said, "Who gave u permission to use that"? Apparently he hadn't been watching the product 4 the last 8 months. #GabeTuft

Or perhaps how he stole our idea to get fired, use social media to get over, & run in from the crowd (Given to Miz & Truth). #GabeTuft

I still have the promo DVD our idea was burned onto when Cena supposedly helped us with the idea - then lied & said it wasn't stolen later.

People say I'm bitter now. No, I just think truth is in order. Don't want people to be disillusioned like I was. #GabeTuft

Anyone have a story about the world's biggest baby? Oh, I do ... #GabeTuft

Dude's been on his bus for years, decides to come to the locker room & starts yelling at everyone to take their bags to their cars...

All because a new WHC was putting on his boots on the floor. He ALWAYS puts his boots on on the floor.

Good enough for one night. Join me next time. Same Channel, same time. Same guy...kind of. #GabeTuft

At least he's not bitter.

It probably deserves a thread but I'll put it here for now.

Tokyo Sports & F4WOnline are reporting that Pro Wrestling NOAH have fired Kenta Kobashi.

Kobashi, who is out with what is his fourth big injury since 2005 (including his time fighting Kidney cancer), is NOAH's highest paid talent. This would have been a purely financial decision, as NOAH havecut a lot of older talent since Misawa passed away.

The impact of this decision is that 5-6 wrestlers are supposedly set to leave NOAH when their contracts expire in January (NOAH have yearly rolling contracts). The names being touted include Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki.