Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

WWE have released Arn Anderson.

Could just be a changing of the guard, as they've brought in a ton of new producers/agents lately, but a surprise all the same. Can't shake the feeling that there's something more to it.

When is the Ric Flair appreciation night supposed to be happening? Getting rid of him so close to the one night they can legit get some mileage out of him appearing on screen seems very odd if it was a mutual decision. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, chokeout said:

When is the Ric Flair appreciation night supposed to be happening? Getting rid of him so close to the one night they can legit get some mileage out of him appearing on screen seems very odd if it was a mutual decision. 

He doesnt get on with Flair these days. Flair talking about Arn shagging about in real life in his book was to much for that friendship. Arn will pretend to get on with him for the good of kayfabe, but I'm sure he's not to fussed about not being there on Monday.

Although, I'm 99% certain I heard from someone recently that Arn was a total weirdo in real life, and would grab arses and get his cock out in front of staff in WCW. Forgot who said it, though. So, maybe WWE wants him gone in case there was a bit of uproar.

As well as Dillinger being released they’ve also officially announced Itami has gone and slightly more surprising is TJP being released. Although given the new tattoos he got recently I’m not surprised. Looks like the walls of a city underpass. 

• Paid Members

Hideo Itami has also been released. 

Could be a good move for WWE releasing some of the 'dead wood' (Arn Anderson excluded) and allowing AEW to hoover the shite up. KENTA in 2019 isn't going to be a ground breaker, neither is TJP and Dillinger. Other than that scar on Itami's shoulder that looked like it could rip at any moment, counting to 10 and being the last person in the world still dabbing, I cant remember anything significant any of them have done. 

Edited by Nick James

1 hour ago, bigfoote said:

Have they changed things, cos neither Tye nor Itami got "future endeavours"?

I think the first to not get the 'future endeavour' remark was Big Cass, rumoured to be because he had heat at the time. Not sure if it's just their go to statement now. 

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He doesnt get on with Flair these days. Flair talking about Arn shagging about in real life in his book was to much for that friendship. Arn will pretend to get on with him for the good of kayfabe, but I'm sure he's not to fussed about not being there on Monday.

Although, I'm 99% certain I heard from someone recently that Arn was a total weirdo in real life, and would grab arses and get his cock out in front of staff in WCW. Forgot who said it, though. So, maybe WWE wants him gone in case there was a bit of uproar.

I like Arn (think he's better than Flair, honestly), but Court Bauer told a story one time on MLW Radio about him coming into their room and having a conversation with them while having a shit and talking about how some programme or wrestler was "sucking a nigger's dick", in Arn's words (and self-edited by Bauer). I put that casual bit of racist language down to him being a bit of a Georgia cracker.

Weird shit stories permeated that podcast, actually. Court got unfriended by Dusty Rhodes seemingly after he told a story of him taking a writer into the bathroom with him to continue a conversation while he had a "big ol' country shiiiit!". More exposure as well when he told about Dusty mooning him in a writing session and getting a look at his "elephant skin balls".

Heard Raven knock Arn too, putting most of his behaviour down to "Was he drinking? Thought so!".

6 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Footage from Ric Flair's surprise 70th

The Rock’s mum doesn’t half get about at these sorts of things doesn’t she!

Love that he comes into his own surprise birthday party to his entrance music.

Has there ever been a better example of somebody living their gimmick for this long?