Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

20 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I really don't like her posting those texts. She talks about her kids, but this is airing everything out in the open. Not a good look.

I'll be honest I'm kinda with you on this her publicising that string of messages is wrong tbh that is very very private at the end of the day 

10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I really don't like her posting those texts. She talks about her kids, but this is airing everything out in the open. Not a good look.

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'll be honest I'm kinda with you on this her publicising that string of messages is wrong tbh that is very very private at the end of the day 

People do weird things when they’re upset. Having a 10 year marriage end (plus however long they were together beforehand), to then find out that the other person has started a new relationship relatively quickly in the meantime, that’s going to be hard to take.

Its not how I’d handle the situation, but Mrs Graves has obviously decided that her method of coping with it is to hit him where it hurts using a platform such as social media.

If anything I feel sorry for Carmella in this situation, assuming that what’s being reported since is true. If Graves and his wife are split & divorcing and she’s single, then she hasn’t done anything wrong. In hindsight, maybe she should have waited for his divorce to be finalised, but you just know she’ll have been pelted with allsorts of shit on twitter between the initial report of Graves cheating and the follow up of him being separated from his wife

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Or he could do a Damien Sandow and think that, outside the trappings of WWE, he should have the chance to get all serious and moody, and thus kill of everything the fans actually liked about him.

See, I'm in two minds as to where I stand on this sort of thing. 

On the one hand, you're absolutely right that it's silly he should drop all the traits that got him over in WWE, as getting over gets you paid. There are thousands of wrestlers out there, and only a few ever get to make it to the big-time and the money that comes with it. And we've seen that being a mark for yourself can often cost you that money, which is a problem if you want to be a wrestler for a living.

On the other hand, a lot of wrestlers, like a lot of performers, have a creative vision of their own, and want to make it on the merits of not just their skill but their creativity too. We know that WWE have a tendency to impose gimmicks on people, and that those gimmicks can often be dead-ends where getting to the main event and its consequent big paydays and plaudits are concerned. Sure, not everyone can be a main eventer, but everyone in every creative industry ever has a right to try and pursue a career path that takes them to the top of their industry, if they have that self-belief, and not have somebody else impose an arbitrary limit on their marketability. Steve Austin's anger at his treatment in wCw is a case in point.

Nearest comparison I can think of off the top of my head is P!nk - initially did commercial pop, but did so to just "take the hit" to earn money and raise her profile to give her the freedom later to do the music she really wanted to do. Of course, some people can be deluded or misguided as to their skill level - they could end up a P!nk, or they could end up a Neil Armstrong, with everyone banging on about the moon landing every time he wants to promote his music.

10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

We know that WWE have a tendency to impose gimmicks on people, and that those gimmicks can often be dead-ends where getting to the main event and its consequent big paydays and plaudits are concerned.

But he created his own gimmick and got it over, that's why WWE buried him.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

But he created his own gimmick and got it over, that's why WWE buried him.

I'm not saying he was buried, or that WWE buried him, or even that WWE's choice of gimmick for him was wrong. I'm saying maybe he has a creative vision different from theirs and wants to prove he can get over as a main-eventer, which most likely wouldn't have happened with a comedy character, and that he has a right to pursue that if he wants. Whether or not he's fooling himself is another matter.

• Paid Members

WWE have released Arn Anderson.

Could just be a changing of the guard, as they've brought in a ton of new producers/agents lately, but a surprise all the same. Can't shake the feeling that there's something more to it.

25 minutes ago, simonworden said:

He is 60 perhaps either WWE want a younger outlook from their agents/ producers or he simply decided to call it a day. Although if it was that surely they would have said so. 

60? So that means he was only 43 when he did the run in at WM 18? Jesus.

To put that into context, Cena is 41, The Rock is 46 and Batista is 50!