Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

We all know wrestling should just be a pair of 300lb men trading headlocks for 40 minutes before upping the tempo with some punch kick before the big go home which is either a body slam or a pile driver. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

24 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

What?!.... I can't even.... why?! 

It's not a question I thought I'd ever have to ask. I'm not just getting old and uncool am I? It's weird, right?

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Once upon a time Ricochet said Wrestling is art.

Some people have just poo’d on a canvas and said “art”

that was after he had posted said video with the caption "too much". This was on his personal FB but didn't clock on at the time

Why do I feel like when he was a kid, Will would say stuff and then an adult would just smile, gently tilt their head, look at him and go 'Aww'?

Slipped under the radar, but WWE had it's biggest money making year ever in 2018. $99.6m in profits, which is more than any other year, including Attitude era and the Rock n Wrestling years. Of course, new TV deals also kick in later this year.

14 minutes ago, Snugglecakes said:

Slipped under the radar, but WWE had it's biggest money making year ever in 2018. $99.6m in profits, which is more than any other year, including Attitude era and the Rock n Wrestling years. Of course, new TV deals also kick in later this year.

That's pretty good. I wonder how  it'd measure up if other boom periods were adjusted for inflation.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's pretty good. I wonder how  it'd measure up if other boom periods were adjusted for inflation.

Adjusted for inflation the revenue was still the biggest ever. They expect to crack $1billion revenue next year. 

Yep adjusted for inflation it's the biggest financial year in the companies history. They break it down on this episode of Post wrestling.

13 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

How much Saudi money does that include? 

Depends when their year end is, but it shouldn't include more than their Crown Jewel and Greatest Royal Rumble revenue from their Saudi deal.

After reviewing all of the evidence presented, Michael Elgin has had all charges of abuse against him in relation to leaked text messages saying he covered up a sexual assault dismissed in their entirety by a Judge.

So Booker T was GI Bro, remember? But he owned the rights to the name and ended up releasing a comic based on the character. Now he's suing Activision because a Call of Duty character looks a bit like him.

Screen_Shot_2019_02_12_at_5.32.04_PM.png

4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

So Booker T was GI Bro, remember? But he owned the rights to the name and ended up releasing a comic based on the character. Now he's suing Activision because a Call of Duty character looks a bit like him.

Screen_Shot_2019_02_12_at_5.32.04_PM.png

45601917_123538248663889_416452258566312

Cant see the similarity myself. Ive still got the WME that this is featured in somewhere