Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

A friend reminded me this morning about a gem from Bob Holly's book, stating that the original idea after Ted Dibiase Jr. and Cody Rhodes turned on him, was to bring Billy Gunn in as his partner to do a grizzled vets Vs. upstarts type of feud. Given the propensity for the company to come up with team names based on merging gimmicks, as opposed to anything cool that speaks to what they are, I am disappointed we never got the team name "Hard Ass" on WWE TV.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

A friend reminded me this morning about a gem from Bob Holly's book, stating that the original idea after Ted Dibiase Jr. and Cody Rhodes turned on him, was to bring Billy Gunn in as his partner to do a grizzled vets Vs. upstarts type of feud. Given the propensity for the company to come up with team names based on merging gimmicks, as opposed to anything cool that speaks to what they are, I am disappointed we never got the team name "Hard Ass" on WWE TV.

Would've been a good little midcard feud too, I reckon.

• Paid Members

In one of his stand-ups, Eddie Izzard had a routine which he performed mostly in French which began talking about describing something under a table. It wasn't a great reference, I'll concede, but fuck it I've done it now. No ragrets.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Billy & Bob did have a little run as a tag team, I'm sure. Several years before that period, though.

They did, in 2004 (just before Gunn was released). I saw them wrestle WGTT on a house show on the WrestleMania Revenge tour that year.

They also had a Tag Title match against Rico and Charlie Haas at Judgement Day. Halcyon days. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

In one of his stand-ups, Eddie Izzard had a routine which he performed mostly in French which began talking about describing something under a table. It wasn't a great reference, I'll concede, but fuck it I've done it now. No ragrets.

Merci, beaucoup, mais je suis la table, le chat est sur la chaise, et le singe est sur la branche.

43 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ahh, thanks. Nous fromagent, ils fromagent, etc. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Statto said:

Robbie E, Stokely Hathaway & Cal "Son of Wayne" Bloom officially announced as WWE developmental signees:

Is he going to Wrestle under the name Bloom, or Beverly? 

• Paid Members

The WWE article says Bloom is 6'5", 255lbs. UCF listed him as 6'4", 250lbs when he was playing football there so there is very little exaggeration, if any, on WWE's part.

He's a pretty big guy, the others aren't they big by wrestler standards I think.