Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

In concept, an Undertaker podcast spanning his entire career and going into huge detail sounds like a dream come true.

But, you know, we've seen, you know, that, you know, an unscripted Mark Calaway is literally impossible to listen to. You know.

And if you don’t know, now you know...gravedigger. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Supremo said:

But, you know, we've seen, you know, that, you know, an unscripted Mark Calaway is literally impossible to listen to. You know.

Have you ever seen footballers interviewed?

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, mim731 said:

Not sure if it has any connection, but I saw a few people on Twitter casting vagus aspersions about TJP and young female fans, following his release. Anyone know what that's all about? Couldn't find anything online.

A while back there were some leaked messages from TJP to young girls, and a fair few examples of him flirting with 16 year olds and liking photos by young fans. 

I don't know if there's anything more to it than that, but I find it interesting that he's the only one released that didn't ask for it - unless we're about to see a few more go, it does stand out.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

A while back there were some leaked messages from TJP to young girls, and a fair few examples of him flirting with 16 year olds and liking photos by young fans. 

I don't know if there's anything more to it than that, but I find it interesting that he's the only one released that didn't ask for it - unless we're about to see a few more go, it does stand out.

Ah I see! Well that explains that, thank you for clearing that up. Agree on his release seeming to stand out among the others. I can definitely see them cutting some more dead wood soon, if nothing else in order to accommodate more NXT call-ups. 

• Paid Members
On 2/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, BomberPat said:

Apparently Arn Anderson and Vince hadn't been getting on for a while, got into a shouting match, and that was the last straw. Meltzer has said that Arn is close with John Cena and Triple H, and that if Cena was still the top star then Arn probably wouldn't have been released. I'm sure I've seen it mentioned somewhere that AA was agent for most of Cena's big matches. What it says about Triple H that Vince is perfectly happy just firing his guys, I'm not sure...

It does feel like a changing of the guard in production/agenting, which might be a sign of Trips putting a team together for when he takes more control - particularly with Vince likely being preoccupied with the XFL in the near future.

Not remotely fussed about the others - Tye will be able to carve out a decent enough career for himself either as a disgruntled ex-WWE guy in the short-term, or doing the family-friendly circuit and keeping his gimmick going for another decade, TJP is dogshit and I don't want to see him on any shows I actually watch, and Itami will presumably end up back in NOAH with the odd guest spot elsewhere. 

AEW could do a lot worse than pick up Arn, particularly if they're getting TV. But in the short term he can make a small fortune doing guest ref/"ringside enforcer" spots on indie shows, managing/endorsing wannabe Horsemen teams, training seminars, and the convention circuit. As much as the market is oversaturated, I'd be interested in him starting a podcast - either just telling road stories and behind-the-scenes anecdotes about working as an agent or ideally (and this will never happen) something in the style of Mike Quackenbush's podcast giving advice/suggestions to aspiring wrestlers. 

If Arn went on tour I'd have to get tickets.

• Paid Members

"At the end of the day, we've both gone for a 50/50, like. I've got there slightly quicker, like, and he's just fallen back through the flaming table. It's not how you want to win, like, but at the end of the day, a win is a win. It's like three points, like."

• Paid Members

I was referring to the copious use of 'y'know', but don't let the truth get in the way of a spamfest.

9 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I can't seem to find the thread/post it was mentioned as an idea, but WWE have indeed released a Becky Lynch mugshot t-shirt: here you go.

Continuity!  Love it. Mug shot picture looks so cool as fuck you can overlook the logic holes of it. The wwe shirt looks predictably crap though! Would have gone just for the middle picture myself.

Edit - also holy shit. Becky really should be giving out social media lessons to the roster, count Rousey in that too. Ronda is fucking horrendous, no clue how to bend kayfabe without utterly fucking breaking it into pieces.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash