Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

”I don’t think he is a racist, it’s good to see him back home”

”I’m white, so I’m not offended, it’s good to see him back”

It’s eye opening, as well as mind bending, how fucking idiotic people are (should be used to it now I know).

He calls himself a racist for fuck sake, then proves as much by saying what he said, yet some daft pricks are happy to ignore any of that because it’s Hogan. Fucking cranks.

Don’t read the following thread of tweets if you can’t be arsed with a few morons. This is however exactly what I’m on about.

https://mobile.twitter.com/215Wrestling/status/1019221087803133952

I saw a video yesterday on Channel 4 news of people would not change their opinion on trump because of a 1 hour press conference. All Trump has done is made it seemingly ok for people to be out and out racist rather then do it behind closed doors. Like Hulk Hogan,

• Paid Members

I remember watching Legends House and Fink cried his eyes out about being bullied as a child, and Pat Patterson says "we've worked together for 30 years and never got to know each other." How the fuck do you work with someone for that long, in the same meetings every day, working in the same inner circle and not attempt to get to know him? I imagine Vince, Pat, Kevin Dunne and that lot just unmercifully abused this poor cunt for decades.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I imagine Vince, Pat, Kevin Dunne and that lot just unmercifully abused this poor cunt for decades.

Yup, I imagine so. He’s the office equivalent of Oscar from MoM. 

He is by far the best ring announcer I’ve witnesses in the business. He has a passion for the business and sounds like he actually gives a fuck, rather than it just being an OTT gimmick.

I met him a few years ago. He was chatting to a lass from Sunderland, then my brother chirped in and said he was at uni in Sunderland, so he and the girl started nattering.

Fink looked at me with comedic agitation and said along the lines of.. 

“I announced the main event at Wrestlemania 4 but that doesn’t matter because he went to Sunderland university, he gets the girl, story of my life”.

Bloody love Howard

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Yup, I imagine so. He’s the office equivalent of Oscar from MoM. 

He is by far the best ring announcer I’ve witnesses in the business. He has a passion for the business and sounds like he actually gives a fuck, rather than it just being an OTT gimmick.

I met him a few years ago. He was chatting to a lass from Sunderland, then my brother chirped in and said he was at uni in Sunderland, so he and the girl started nattering.

“I announced the main event at Wrestlemania 4 but that doesn’t matter because he went to Sunderland university, he gets the girl, story of my life”.

Bloody love Howard

I didn't know going to Sunderland Uni was a successful chat up line. I'll give it a go next time I'm out! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Bloody love Howard

Mrs Finkel coming from Sunderland sounds like something that was meant to be.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

”I don’t think he is a racist, it’s good to see him back home”

”I’m white, so I’m not offended, it’s good to see him back”

It’s eye opening, as well as mind bending, how fucking idiotic people are (should be used to it now I know).

He calls himself a racist for fuck sake, then proves as much by saying what he said, yet some daft pricks are happy to ignore any of that because it’s Hogan. Fucking cranks.

The recurring one I found most astonishing was, "oh, as if you haven't used that word!" or "who hasn't used racial slurs in anger?" - there's a whole world of people out there who just assume that everyone is as racist as they are in private.

• Paid Members

The Hogan apology reminded me of that scene in Mike Bassett, where Mike says "and remember you're in someone elses country so behave yourself." And Mike's assistant manager follows up with:

"I think what Mike's trying to say is keep an eye on your luggage lads, these Wop's will rip you off soon as' look at yer."

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The recurring one I found most astonishing was, "oh, as if you haven't used that word!" or "who hasn't used racial slurs in anger?" - there's a whole world of people out there who just assume that everyone is as racist as they are in private.

Yep. That's what wrecks my head the most reading comments. Everyone acting as if Hogan was just unlucky that he was secretly filmed. As if we all punctuate a shag by going on mad, racist tirades.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

When you see that many wankers reacting like that, it's not hard to see how the term "virtue signalling" has cottoned on as a buzz-phrase for wankers globally.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Yep. That's what wrecks my head the most reading comments. Everyone acting as if Hogan was just unlucky that he was secretly filmed. As if we all punctuate a shag by going on mad, racist tirades.

You never shouted "Take that you fucking Brazilian cunt" then?

21 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

It was definitely reported at the time as him being removed from the Hall of Fame, and he's talked about it as such interviews since then.

I think it was a similar situation with Jimmy Snuka after he got charged with that murder and then it got dropped after he got deemed unfit to stand trial after he got diagnosed with dementia combined with terminal cancer and then WWE made an awkward situation of honouring him on Raw when you consider what he'd been facing prior to his death. But was there anything official said about Hogan aside from all reference being removed online?

• Paid Members

I found it to be particularly revolting that it didn't even feel that long after all this came out that folk seemed to be willing to completely over look that Hogan said he was racist.

I think everyone was fully expecting WWE to have him back, and they were just waiting to see when it is blown over. The fact they knew it would points to how buggered these things are.

Edited by ColinBollocks

19 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

I found it to be particularly revolting that it didn't even feel that long after all this came out that folk seemed to be willing to completely over look that Hogan said he was racist.

If I recall correctly, there were people on here defending him.  Even when it was pointed out to them that Hogan himself said he was a daft old racist.

23 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Don't know if it's already been covered, but Ayako Hamada has apparently received a 3-year suspended jail sentence for drug possession. She's talking about quitting wrestling and wants to become a translator.

Original reports were saying she received 18 months in prison. She's lucky if she's been given a suspended sentence.

Will miss her. Been a fan since her ARSION days.