Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

That's SNK arcade games in general. They feature more than their fair share of "quarter matches" as Maximillian Dood calls them. Pretty tricky unless you learn how to exploit the AI or put in sufficient money that the difficulty plummets. Literally pay to win. Until you reach the boss, then all bets are off. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, TomJones233 said:

Downloaded a Dreamcast emulator, Got a few games ready to go.

Thanks for that, Violet Berlin.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 30/01/2021 at 9:06 PM, Merzbow said:

The King of Fighter '94 can suck it's mum, I forgot how cheap the CPU were even on default settings. With even the first team being nails and reading all your inputs.

Wuss! But it truly is a perfectionist's game. I could only ever 1 credit it with Brazil (well, Heidern) 25 years ago. Rugal was the cheap one though. 

I found an arcade of it three years ago and it kicked my arse all over again. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Street Fighter 2 turned 30 this past weekend. 

Posted
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Street Fighter 2 turned 30 this past weekend. 

Jesus, can still remember the first time I saw that at Exeter Services in late 1991. Had one go was shite and a love affair was born.

I'm currently retro F1 and other racers. Been playing a heck of alot of F1 2011 on PS3 and also just started F1 2000 on PS1 which has the old time in-vis graphics I miss. Are there any great F1 Championship CO-OP games or indeed any great Co-op racers I've missed or should consider.  Have got Toca 2, Toca World,  Motorstorm etc up and running and Flat Out and one of the Burnout's on PS2 but would need to set that up again. Anything I should really check out?  that is not a cart style game?

Posted (edited)

No chance, he had a recentish meltdown over the bad reaction to a Youtube channel he started where he was practically pimping out family members.

(they may not have actually been his wife and daughters...)

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

This doesn’t work unless Dominik Diamond hosts,

I must have been about 6 when this aired and would watch it every week on Channel 4 never missing an episode, all I really cared about watching on the tele at the time were Knightmare, the wrestling and this

Luckily I found all the Gamesmaster episodes in a playlist on YouTube last year and binge watched them through a few weeks, never noticed it back then obviously being a child but Diamond really loved the dick jokes.

Posted

Anyone ever play SEGA Master System classic Enduro Racer?

I found out yesterday that the Japanese version has 10 original levels to the PAL versions 5. Childhood ruined!

They cut 5 levels for the western release to fit the game on a smaller (and cheaper) sized cartridge. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...