The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

That's SNK arcade games in general. They feature more than their fair share of "quarter matches" as Maximillian Dood calls them. Pretty tricky unless you learn how to exploit the AI or put in sufficient money that the difficulty plummets. Literally pay to win. Until you reach the boss, then all bets are off. 

• Awards Moderator
On 30/01/2021 at 9:06 PM, Merzbow said:

The King of Fighter '94 can suck it's mum, I forgot how cheap the CPU were even on default settings. With even the first team being nails and reading all your inputs.

Wuss! But it truly is a perfectionist's game. I could only ever 1 credit it with Brazil (well, Heidern) 25 years ago. Rugal was the cheap one though. 

I found an arcade of it three years ago and it kicked my arse all over again. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Street Fighter 2 turned 30 this past weekend. 

Jesus, can still remember the first time I saw that at Exeter Services in late 1991. Had one go was shite and a love affair was born.

I'm currently retro F1 and other racers. Been playing a heck of alot of F1 2011 on PS3 and also just started F1 2000 on PS1 which has the old time in-vis graphics I miss. Are there any great F1 Championship CO-OP games or indeed any great Co-op racers I've missed or should consider.  Have got Toca 2, Toca World,  Motorstorm etc up and running and Flat Out and one of the Burnout's on PS2 but would need to set that up again. Anything I should really check out?  that is not a cart style game?

This doesn’t work unless Dominik Diamond hosts,

I must have been about 6 when this aired and would watch it every week on Channel 4 never missing an episode, all I really cared about watching on the tele at the time were Knightmare, the wrestling and this

Luckily I found all the Gamesmaster episodes in a playlist on YouTube last year and binge watched them through a few weeks, never noticed it back then obviously being a child but Diamond really loved the dick jokes.