The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

This could be fun. It's a shame they aren't just sticking other Konami beat em ups etc on there. Imagine one with Simpsons, TMNT, Vendetta, a 4 player X-Men, Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa & Sunset Riders on it? Heck throw Bucky O'Hare on it as well. Licensing would be pricy, but I bet it'd sell like the hottest of cakes. 

• Paid Members
  • Paid Members

I think I saw a report elsewhere that it was going to be that. 4 sticks and a trackball? That'll be a weird one to play. Konami beat em ups would be a better choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Midway Arcade Origins is free as part of Game With Gold at the moment. I immediately stuck Pit-Fighter on for some reason. I think it's because I remember pumping enough money into the machine to be able to finish it in the arcade. It really isn't a good game, but it holds a fair bit of nostalgia. I did discover that you can block (Punch & Jump simultaneously) and duck (b blocking while also pressing down). There's some kind of flip move you can do to get onto the opposite side of your opponent as well, but I couldn't possibly tell you how it's done.

There are plenty of other, better games on it. I'll probably have a crack through Gauntlet at some point.

Pit Fighter is notoriously shite but it looked boss, you walked past that cabinet for the first time and you were in awe.

Does the collection have RoadBlasters? I've always had a soft spot for it and it likely started my love for car combat games.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Thirty-one games are included:[3]

720°

APB

Arch Rivals

Bubbles

Championship Sprint

Defender

Defender II

Gauntlet

Gauntlet II

Joust

Joust 2

Marble Madness

Pit-Fighter

Rampage

Rampart

Robotron: 2084

Root Beer Tapper

Satan's Hollow

Sinistar

Smash TV

Spy Hunter

Spy Hunter II

Super Off Road

Super Sprint

Toobin'

Total Carnage

Tournament Cyberball 2072

Vindicators Part II

Wizard of Wor

Xenophobe

Xybots

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Pit Fighter is notoriously shite but it looked boss, you walked past that cabinet for the first time and you were in awe.

Does the collection have RoadBlasters? I've always had a soft spot for it and it likely started my love for car combat games.

The steering wheel for the Atvade cabinet was great. Like a Mad Max interpretation of the wheel in KITT.

fad9d6d5-8f64-4b2b-a955-8caef1900a77.jpg.96398d7c5f0f08aaadf85b7832e5c666.jpg