Merzbow Posted June 6, 2021 Posted June 6, 2021 The PS Classic isn't terrible when you've hacked it, it even runs the PS1 games better. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 10, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 10, 2021 This could be fun. It's a shame they aren't just sticking other Konami beat em ups etc on there. Imagine one with Simpsons, TMNT, Vendetta, a 4 player X-Men, Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa & Sunset Riders on it? Heck throw Bucky O'Hare on it as well. Licensing would be pricy, but I bet it'd sell like the hottest of cakes. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 11, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2021 This is quite bewildering. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 11, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2021 Forgot the link before. https://gamingbolt-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/gamingbolt.com/the-simpsons-arcade-games-is-getting-an-arcade-1up-release/amp?amp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16234014724704&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From %1%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fgamingbolt.com%2Fthe-simpsons-arcade-games-is-getting-an-arcade-1up-release Quote
patiirc Posted June 11, 2021 Author Posted June 11, 2021 1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said: Forgot the link before. https://gamingbolt-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/gamingbolt.com/the-simpsons-arcade-games-is-getting-an-arcade-1up-release/amp?amp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16234014724704&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From %1%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fgamingbolt.com%2Fthe-simpsons-arcade-games-is-getting-an-arcade-1up-release It's going to be Simpsons Bowling most likely. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 11, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2021 I think I saw a report elsewhere that it was going to be that. 4 sticks and a trackball? That'll be a weird one to play. Konami beat em ups would be a better choice. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 17, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 17, 2021 Here's a nice video some of you folks will enjoy. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 23, 2021 Members Posted June 23, 2021 Very safe but fun little article here. https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/jun/23/the-15-greatest-video-games-of-the-1990s-ranked 80s version as well. https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/may/27/the-15-greatest-video-games-of-the-80s-ranked Quote
Merzbow Posted July 11, 2021 Posted July 11, 2021 (edited) Just a little curious question, do you emulate older games at 25/50fps for that PAL feel? Edited July 11, 2021 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 17, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2021 Midway Arcade Origins is free as part of Game With Gold at the moment. I immediately stuck Pit-Fighter on for some reason. I think it's because I remember pumping enough money into the machine to be able to finish it in the arcade. It really isn't a good game, but it holds a fair bit of nostalgia. I did discover that you can block (Punch & Jump simultaneously) and duck (b blocking while also pressing down). There's some kind of flip move you can do to get onto the opposite side of your opponent as well, but I couldn't possibly tell you how it's done. There are plenty of other, better games on it. I'll probably have a crack through Gauntlet at some point. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 17, 2021 Posted July 17, 2021 (edited) Pit Fighter is notoriously shite but it looked boss, you walked past that cabinet for the first time and you were in awe. Does the collection have RoadBlasters? I've always had a soft spot for it and it likely started my love for car combat games. Edited July 17, 2021 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 17, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2021 Thirty-one games are included:[3] 720° APB Arch Rivals Bubbles Championship Sprint Defender Defender II Gauntlet Gauntlet II Joust Joust 2 Marble Madness Pit-Fighter Rampage Rampart Robotron: 2084 Root Beer Tapper Satan's Hollow Sinistar Smash TV Spy Hunter Spy Hunter II Super Off Road Super Sprint Toobin' Total Carnage Tournament Cyberball 2072 Vindicators Part II Wizard of Wor Xenophobe Xybots Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 18, 2021 Posted July 18, 2021 Do I even dare ask what you have to do in Xenophobe? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 18, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2021 Grew up on the NES version of Gauntlet II. Still have it actually. Great game! Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 18, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2021 16 hours ago, Merzbow said: Pit Fighter is notoriously shite but it looked boss, you walked past that cabinet for the first time and you were in awe. Does the collection have RoadBlasters? I've always had a soft spot for it and it likely started my love for car combat games. The steering wheel for the Atvade cabinet was great. Like a Mad Max interpretation of the wheel in KITT. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.