Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I loved Enduro Racer, it was surprisingly good for one of those budget 'mega cartridge' titles. I am pretty sure I never got past five levels though, it was quite tough from what I remember.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I remember buying it when it went down to budget price on the C64 and.... well, look for yourself.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Framerate is DOGSHIT

Check out the conversion of Chase HQ we got then.

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I've been playing a bit of that RetroMania Wrestling and it's really not clicking with me at all, it's FirePro based timing with the grapples which I'd be ok with if I wanted to play FirePro and not a "sequel" to Wrestlefest. The timing just doesn't feel right either, I'll give a it some more time but along with the poor roster I don't think it's a game I'll be coming back to much.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Metal Slug 3 is on Games With Gold next month, but is already available for free on XBox 360/Xbone/Series whatever.

Posted
14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I've been playing a bit of that RetroMania Wrestling and it's really not clicking with me at all, it's FirePro based timing with the grapples which I'd be ok with if I wanted to play FirePro and not a "sequel" to Wrestlefest. The timing just doesn't feel right either, I'll give a it some more time but along with the poor roster I don't think it's a game I'll be coming back to much.

That was my big fear, it didn't feel right from the demos and things. not so bothered about the rosters but it's not sold itself in playability terms at all. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I just came here with that very same link. It could be good. Brawlers have gone through a wee bit of a revival recently. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

In other Konami Beat Em Up News. Crime Fighters is getting a run out as part of the "Arcade Archives" series on Switch. I wonder whether Vendetta will get a port at some point. 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/konamis_beat_em_up_crime_fighters_joins_the_arcade_archives_this_week

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...