Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking at their Facebook and they've kinda screwed up one thing.. spacer.png

But it's cool to see a new shop opening, hope it does well. I'll pop in some time in the new year, see if they get any Amiga stuff in.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It did seem to be predominantly console leaning. The place is very nicely set up. Doesn't feel like you are in a shop. 

Edited by BigJag
  • Paid Members
Posted

No, but I bought a Pi 4 recently. I've been using it as a sort of mini server with lots of old wrestling on, which I can stream on my phone while I'm in bed. It's great. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 12/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, Merzbow said:

Does the Retroid compare well to the RG series of handhelds? There's a new one that seems to be a bit of a beast.

 

I bought one of these after reading this thread. Really nice and simple to use. It chugs a bit with some of the bigger games, but it mostly feels more of a home-run than the Playstation Classic from last year. The chugging also isn't as bad as I expected. I'm going to look into some of the settings, because apparently it can be improved with some games. 

Any suggestions of must-haves to download for it? After playing around with it a bit, I'm mainly addicted to Bomberman 2 on the SNES.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I bought one of these after reading this thread. Really nice and simple to use. It chugs a bit with some of the bigger games, but it mostly feels more of a home-run than the Playstation Classic from last year. The chugging also isn't as bad as I expected. I'm going to look into some of the settings, because apparently it can be improved with some games. 

Any suggestions of must-haves to download for it? After playing around with it a bit, I'm mainly addicted to Bomberman 2 on the SNES.

I'd look into a new firmware called ArkOS, I'm hearing that it's getting better performance out of the machine and it looks snazzy too.

Game wise? as it handles the PS1 so well I'd say try the Jumping Flash! series, criminally underappreciated platformers which I still prefer to the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro titles.

 

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

Double post but it's anyone even remotely interested in the Polymega at £500 in the UK (last price I saw on Amazon)? The new Xbox S can do all the emulation this can and more and then there's all the Xbox games on top etc.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

This was announced for Switch last week. You get the base  pack with 1943: The Battle For Midway for nowt, but then the extra titles are DLC in 3 packs of 10 games each. Looks like your usual Capcom arcade suspects (lStreet Fighter, beat em ups, shooters etc), but also has Cyberbots (albeit without the Akuma Robot from the Playstation Port), and Strider, which I don't think has had a home release since it was featured as an easter egg in the Strider reboot on 360/PS3.

Here's a full list:-

Pack 1: Dawn of the Arcade (’84 ’88)

– Vulgus
– Pirate Ship Higemaru
– 1942
– Commando
– Section Z
– Tatakai no Banka
– Legendary Wings
– Bionic Commando
– Forgotten Worlds
– Ghouls ‘n Ghosts

Pack 2: Arcade Revolution (’89 ’92)

– Strider
– Dynasty Wars
– Final Fight
– 1941: Counter Attack
– Senjo no Okami II
– Mega Twins
– Carrier Air Wing
– Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
– Captain Commando
– Varth: Operation Thunderstorm

Pack 3: Arcade Evolution (’92 ’01)

– Warriors of Fate
– Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
– Super Street Fighter II Turbo
– Powered Gear: Strategic Variant Armor Equipment
– Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
– 19XX: The War Against Destiny
– Battle Circuit
– Giga Wing
– 1944 The Loop Master
– Progear

Capcom's website for it (https://www.capcom-arcade-stadium.com/us/) also includes Ghosts 'n' Goblins. Might be  worth a look if it gets reduced. Couple of games on there that haven't had home releases that I can remember. I wonder whether it'll find its way to other systems.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Presumably they're going for a more casual crowd. There's already the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection  with everything pre SF4 on it. They're the right ones to pick for a compilation like this.

Posted

Finally got my hands on a Retroid Pocket 2 now that Christmas has come. Really happy with it. Just been playing with it as is but I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I can mess around with once I get brave.

Anyone get any cool retro stuff for Christmas?

Posted

Is there anything Super Reticade like that's not a Raspberry Pi kit. 

Looks like Arcade functionality has been taken out for Uk version of Retrocade and I was looking for a plug and play retro thingy with arcade support for around 60-80.

Ideas?

Posted
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I got one of these too. I started setting up a 128GB card with Pegasus yesterday, I’ll get back on it later to add other systems/games. Is your D-Pad a tad stiff?

Seems okay to me so far. Certainly no worse than anything else I've used recently. I've just bought a Bluetooth controller to use with the TV so will see how that compares.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...