Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
patiirc

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

Recommended Posts

Asuka building an arcade cab.  Essentially, this is the hardest pornography that has ever existed for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do people think that the Sega announcement will be next week? for their 60th Birthday?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/28/fans-think-sega-making-new-console-60th-anniversary-dreamcast-2-12769757/

I am hoping for a 'mini' that covers their entire history, arcades too. Certainly something I'd be interested in rather than just Megadrive rehashes.

Dreamcast 2/ Microsoft acquisition seem to be the other things that are floated about. Anyone for any more?

In other news has anyone been following the Arcade Club Best Arcade Game Ever Tournament? There's been quite a few shocks to date and today's battle is SF2 vs Robocop til Midday ish

100851847_2569268673338402_3976473867316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trust common sense will prevail and Bubble Bobble wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some kind of Sega arcade collection featuring a very carefully curated list of their older stuff would be interesting. Kim Justice has been doing some really good videos on her YouTube running down titles released on old hardware while the lockdown has been going on. I particularly enjoyed the ones about the CPS1 & CPS2, but there were also videos about the old Sega arcade boards. It'd be good rather than being the usual Megadrive compilation. 

The other thing I think could be interesting is a Sega channel type affair where you could "do a gamepass" and for a monthly subscription be able to download and play anything from their whole back catalogue (that they still own the licence to). I'd be all over that. Heck sell a box with a couple of controllers for a ton with a free 6 month subscription. Ask for a fiver a month? It could work. Downloads though, not streaming as that could be a bit awkward. Some online multiplayer? Winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Some kind of Sega arcade collection featuring a very carefully curated list of their older stuff would be interesting. Kim Justice has been doing some really good videos on her YouTube running down titles released on old hardware while the lockdown has been going on. I particularly enjoyed the ones about the CPS1 & CPS2, but there were also videos about the old Sega arcade boards. It'd be good rather than being the usual Megadrive compilation. 

The other thing I think could be interesting is a Sega channel type affair where you could "do a gamepass" and for a monthly subscription be able to download and play anything from their whole back catalogue (that they still own the licence to). I'd be all over that. Heck sell a box with a couple of controllers for a ton with a free 6 month subscription. Ask for a fiver a month? It could work. Downloads though, not streaming as that could be a bit awkward. Some online multiplayer? Winner. 

Yeah, the last bit is kinda what was on about with the mini thing. 

Sega on Demand ala a WWE Network thing and not just crappy ports ala the Xbox Live thing, would be heaven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just seen a Sega Saturn mini mock up on Twitter. Pretty sure it's fan made. That would be cool though. Plenty of games on that platform that deserve to have more exposure. Sega Rally, Nights, Burning Rangers to name a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I've just seen a Sega Saturn mini mock up on Twitter. Pretty sure it's fan made. That would be cool though. Plenty of games on that platform that deserve to have more exposure. Sega Rally, Nights, Burning Rangers to name a few

Could be pricey to release it with an analogue controller for NiGHTS. Stick Fighters Megamix on it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That must be the wrong tournament image, it doesn’t have Daytona USA on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

That must be the wrong tournament image, it doesn’t have Daytona USA on it.

Sega Rally did for Daytona 1st Round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Sega Rally did for Daytona 1st Round 

Oh yeah, you're quite right. I think both should've been seeded though, shame to lose such a force in round one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word is the Sega announcement is that Microsoft are bunging them some money to push the XBox Series X in Japan as the Sega Series X, like when Nintendo got Mattel to put the NES out in America to try and avoid it being pushed as a games console following the crash of '83. They're hoping the Sega name will generate buzz and help them break a market that they've always struggled with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth a try but is the Sega name still that much of a big deal even in Japan? The Sega of today is more like a western publisher with games like Total War and Footbal Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...