The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members
On 10/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, patiirc said:

Cheers, that was a no brainer...  

How easy is it to hack?

Extremely. I've got a USB stick thing that plugs into it, and that updates it to have almost every Mega Drive game ever released on it. But not Zombies Ate My Neighbours, which was literally the first game I looked for on there.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, BomberPat said:

Extremely. I've got a USB stick thing that plugs into it, and that updates it to have almost every Mega Drive game ever released on it. But not Zombies Ate My Neighbours, which was literally the first game I looked for on there.

Well it is extremely easy, arrived yesterday, 20 mins was done. Went Project Lunar. 

Will try and do the mame stuff soon. 

Alas some games dont really work which i presume is down to the emulator m2engage, but rest of it is spiffing. 

Thanks to whoever linked it, was a great buy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Can confirm, Pandoras box are much better value. You can get them on Amazon, either just the box to plug into an arcade machine or fully enclosed in a controller deck which just needs to be plugged Into the tv. I’ve got the latter and it works great, but pricier than the capcom one but loads more games.

• Paid Members

Absolutely none of those company specific retro games systems are worth the money when third party systems are out there with thousands of games on them. I don't see their worth at all.

Is there a chance at any point that a Pandora's Box release might include emulators for SNES, Megadrive and so on?

Has anyone bought from PiZone Retro?

I’m umming and ahhing about picking up one of their 16 Bit systems (£120 with 12,000 games fromSNES, NES, Master System, Mega Drive, 32X, PC Engine, NeoGeo et al plus Arcade)  but something about it just seems too good to be true.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

I would apply caution when it comes to this one. I bought it upon release and it bricked immediately after it updated the firmware. Sent it back, got another, this time I had issues with the sound that I could not resolve.

At that point I just gave up and went with a refund. It was well made and I think it would have been a lot of fun to play had it actually worked. Maybe they've ironed out the kinks, but I found it frustrating as hell. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m just cautious as it was something that popped up on my Instagram and don’t want to get scammed.

That and that it comes with USB SNES controllers, which is obviously fine for SNES, but the button mapping for everything must be all over the place

I can't confirm, but looks legit to me. Seems like too realistic a price to be a scam.