Guest Posted August 6, 2020 Posted August 6, 2020 Given the tagline and cover stars I expect it's quite separate from the PS360 release, though you could never really attempt a similar experience between those platforms and the DS anyway. It would have to be designed as its own game. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 6, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 6, 2020 It's a port of the console version, but with some roster changes according to the article on Wikipedia. Quote
Guest Posted August 6, 2020 Posted August 6, 2020 Must be a heck of a technical achievement then. No doubt the highest Metacritic score on that system. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 6, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 6, 2020 I bet it runs like the SNES version of Street Fighter Alpha 2. Quote
iMPACt! Posted August 6, 2020 Posted August 6, 2020 (edited) I'm actually in possession of a copy. Bought it from a GameStop in Orlando in 2010. It definitely uses the same engine as the PS3/Xbox game with obviously much scaled back graphics. The roster was updated due to the few years that had passed since the original release although I'm sure some of them were just reskins of other characters. It is ok for what it is and the platform it is on at the time (although I'm not sure it will have aged well so not sure how passible it would be now). I would say it is worth buying for its uniqueness if it is fairly cheap but wouldn't pay a massive amount for it. A psp version was also released at the same time however it is closer to the PS3 version and doesn't contain Hogan etc. Edit: gameplay footage on YouTube Edited August 6, 2020 by iMPACt! Quote
Guest Posted August 6, 2020 Posted August 6, 2020 Cheers, I might get it for the Six Sides of Brexit ring canvas alone. Quote
iMPACt! Posted August 6, 2020 Posted August 6, 2020 (edited) 4 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said: Cheers, I might get it for the Six Sides of Brexit ring canvas alone. Unfortunately no playable Nigel Farage is contained on the cart. I'm going to dig out my copy tonight now and take a nostalgia trip. Edited August 6, 2020 by iMPACt! Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 6, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 6, 2020 One of the Arenas is apparel tky based on Liverpool Olympia. Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted August 6, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 6, 2020 (edited) I quite liked the TNA game on the main consoles. Was a good first attempt at a wrestling game, had a very fun engine, was fast and easy to pick up and play. It looked and animated fantastically for the time. The crap pinning system and severe lack of moves and match types hurt it. The base was there. If it got a sequel it'd probably have been easily my favourite wrestling game since the Day of Reckonings. The try-hard epic intro that makes it seem like it's going to cure cancer is amazing, too. Edited August 6, 2020 by CleetusVanDamme Quote
iMPACt! Posted August 6, 2020 Posted August 6, 2020 32 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said: I quite liked the TNA game on the main consoles. Was a good first attempt at a wrestling game, had a very fun engine, was fast and easy to pick up and play. It looked and animated fantastically for the time. The crap pinning system and severe lack of moves and match types hurt it. The base was there. If it got a sequel it'd probably have been easily my favourite wrestling game since the Day of Reckonings. The try-hard epic intro that makes it seem like it's going to cure cancer is amazing, too. The pin system on the consoles is brutal. Almost impossible to kick out by wiggling the analogue stick. The AI in the story mode is also ridiculous. So so hard as they kick out and reverse everything along with getting second winds. It is great for quick exhibition matches though and had some good moments. That and Don West on commentary. Definitely a great base for a game and could have had a great sequel. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 9, 2020 (edited) https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/neogeo-mini-console-international-version-ps5999-or-ps6999-for-white-controller-bundle-at-accessoryoutlet-3521369 Bargain! Get on it. Edited August 9, 2020 by BigJag Quote
RedRooster Posted August 14, 2020 Posted August 14, 2020 (edited) I really fancy playing a good JRPG or JRPG style game that isn’t Final Fantasy, Earthbound, Suikoden or Dragon Quest (blitzed through most of these) Any recommendations? Edited August 14, 2020 by RedRooster Quote
Merzbow Posted August 14, 2020 Posted August 14, 2020 The more recent Persona games are a good JRPG choice but very different in tone to those classics, much more modern and dealing with issues like politics and sexuality etc while still being stupidly fun. 3,4 and 5 are all brilliant. Quote
Guest Posted August 14, 2020 Posted August 14, 2020 If you think you'd fancy a short game that looks like a SNES RPG but is just a nonviolent vehicle for telling a moving story, then one I can't recommend enough is To the Moon. Don't look any further into it, as spoilers abound and will very easily ruin it for you. Just take my word (if you dare) and dive in, so long as you're not appalled by the thought of no combat or particularly challenging gameplay. It's on PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Switch. Quote
RedRooster Posted August 15, 2020 Posted August 15, 2020 9 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said: If you think you'd fancy a short game that looks like a SNES RPG but is just a nonviolent vehicle for telling a moving story, then one I can't recommend enough is To the Moon. Don't look any further into it, as spoilers abound and will very easily ruin it for you. Just take my word (if you dare) and dive in, so long as you're not appalled by the thought of no combat or particularly challenging gameplay. It's on PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Switch. I’ve actually played it and I would absolutely agree with every word you say. It’s absolutely brilliant, and you’re right, it’s more interactive fiction than it is an RPG. But what a moving story it tells. @Merzbow - outside of Persona 3 I’ve never really been able to get on with the Persona series, I found the social life element to the games a bit of a chore. It’s a shame too, the storylines all seem interesting. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.