RedRooster Posted April 19, 2021 Posted April 19, 2021 24 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said: I remember years ago we used some kind of Online app to have a Sensible Soccer tournament on the Mega Drive was tons of fun. I didn't even know this was possible, Sensible Soccer and SWOS have aged so brilliantly that this sounds like an amazing prospect even now. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted April 19, 2021 Posted April 19, 2021 5 hours ago, RedRooster said: I didn't even know this was possible, Sensible Soccer and SWOS have aged so brilliantly that this sounds like an amazing prospect even now. Not 100% sure but I think the thing we used to allow online play was Kaillera Quote
westlondonmist Posted April 23, 2021 Posted April 23, 2021 For anybody that was interested in the Evercade, they are releasing an Evercade VS which is a home version of the console. It can play up to 4 controllers (you can use the handheld version as a controller). You can use blue tooth controllers via a dongle. The controllers also have a 2nd set of shoulder buttons allowing to play more PS1 games. It is £89.99 with 1 controller and 1 cart, there will be a version with 2 carts and 2 controllers too. The save states are all on the carts so you can play the game on either console if you own both. Quote
RedRooster Posted April 25, 2021 Posted April 25, 2021 5 hours ago, scratchdj said: Sensible World of Soccer for free on Xbox. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sensible-world-of-soccer-xbox-one-series-xs-free-at-xbox-store-korea-3712900 Amazing! Thanks for this, I had no idea that it was even on Xbox. Quote
Version1.0 Posted April 26, 2021 Posted April 26, 2021 On 4/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, WyattSheepMask said: Not that one, but I do remember the Rugby World Cup 95 game that used the same engine & mechanics. The last few Rugby League games have been shocking. Big Ant Studio/Tru Blue Games haven’t got anything right since Rugby League Live 2 At least Big Ant do a great job on their cricket games. Quote
Retro Red Posted June 4, 2021 Posted June 4, 2021 Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands and New Zealand Story? I’m in. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2021 On 6/4/2021 at 10:58 AM, scratchdj said: This little thing looks fun. I love the idea of the rotating screen. https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/4/22518220/taito-egret-2-mini-announced-arcade-cabinet-trackball-paddle-controller-price-date Just spotted that myself. Looks interesting. Kaiser Knuckle has that ridiculously cheap "General" character as the final boss. Bubble Bobble is a delight. I cracked through it with a mate last time he was over from Colombia, but we didn't manage to get the proper ending by making it the whole way through without dying and getting certain scores by certain levels for the extra stuff. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 5, 2021 Posted June 5, 2021 https://www.facebook.com/thepixelbunker/ Hoping to get here soon. Looks like fun. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2021 Looks like fun. Hopefully some friends and I can make it to Arcade Club again this year for my birthday. Quote
patiirc Posted June 5, 2021 Author Posted June 5, 2021 Quick question as I'm back on, i know I've asked before but cant find it. Good multi machine plug and plays and costs as I've no idea. I've moved recently and fancy some gaming that's pick up and play. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2021 Are you talking like a raspberry pi, or one of the mini consoles? Quote
patiirc Posted June 5, 2021 Author Posted June 5, 2021 12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: Are you talking like a raspberry pi, or one of the mini consoles? Just anything i dont have to download every for has a nice front end, plugs in the telly and isnt about 12 billion pounds. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2021 A pre loaded Raspberry Pi off Ebay or similar should do the trick. £120 should get you a decent package that includes pads. Quote
pitseleh Posted June 6, 2021 Posted June 6, 2021 On 6/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, patiirc said: Quick question as I'm back on, i know I've asked before but cant find it. Good multi machine plug and plays and costs as I've no idea. I've moved recently and fancy some gaming that's pick up and play. My go-to retro system is a hacked SNES mini with a USB host. I've got most of the 8 and 16 bit console's libraries on there plus loads of arcade and Neo-Geo games on there. Only takes a few seconds to load up and it runs perfectly. I did buy a pre-loaded Rasberry Pi, and although you can do more with it (more controllers and you can run PS1 and N64 games on there), I didn't find it very user friendly when messing around with the options. It also takes a few minutes to boot up, and that can be annoying when you just want a quick game of something when you got half hour free. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted June 6, 2021 Posted June 6, 2021 I know it’s not for everyone but I got a PlayStation Classic on eBay with 5 Usbs including practically the whole ps1 library and an additional usb with all Mega Drive and SNES games for £60. I also picked up a Pandora’s box from Amazon for my arcade game needs. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.