The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

My colleague was trying to think of a game today and I was wondering if any of you can help. This is what she said:

PS2/Gamecube.
Cutscene had a demon coming out of the ground and killing she thinks a priest.
Recalls having possibly a dragonfly-like companion/helper.

• Paid Members

That sounds like Eternal Darkness. There was a spell where you played as a monk and well, you know the rest. I can't remember any fireflies, but my memory is terrible and that doesn't mean they're not there.

Nobody I know IRL has played ED. Show your colleague great respect. It's a classic!

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

That sounds like Eternal Darkness. There was a spell where you played as a monk and well, you know the rest. I can't remember any fireflies, but my memory is terrible and that doesn't mean they're not there.

Nobody I know IRL has played ED. Show your colleague great respect. It's a classic!

I had Eternal Darkness and it was one of the ones I suggested but she said it's not that. Cheers though!

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

My colleague was trying to think of a game today and I was wondering if any of you can help. This is what she said:

PS2/Gamecube.

Its not Spyro Enter The Dragonfly is it. 

Only one off top of my head that fits PS2 and Gamecube? 

19 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Thirty-one games are included:[3]

720°

APB

Arch Rivals

Bubbles

Championship Sprint

Defender

Defender II

Gauntlet

Gauntlet II

Joust

Joust 2

Marble Madness

Pit-Fighter

Rampage

Rampart

Robotron: 2084

Root Beer Tapper

Satan's Hollow

Sinistar

Smash TV

Spy Hunter

Spy Hunter II

Super Off Road

Super Sprint

Toobin'

Total Carnage

Tournament Cyberball 2072

Vindicators Part II

Wizard of Wor

Xenophobe

Xybots

great line up there

Xybots is mint, 720 will forever remind me of First Class. Pitfighter on the Megadrive is still awesome. 

How do these compare to the Williams treasures on PS2?? 

18 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Do I even dare ask what you have to do in Xenophobe?

It's like Elevator Action crossed with Aliens, lots of crouching and shooting, the Lynx version is mint. 

• Paid Members

PS2/Gamecube.

Is it Chaos Legion? 

@WyattSheepMaskXenophobe was a pastiche of Alien where you run around a space ship tryi g to find the key cards etc and escape. It's fun, but hard as balls. Had 3 players as well I think. 

@patiircPit Fighter runs at the right speed for a start. They run fine. There are challenge modes, which presumably will limit how many credits you get to try and achieve high scores to get onto the online leader boards, or a free play mode where you can have as many credits as you want. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

8 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Its not Spyro Enter The Dragonfly is it. 

What?!

Not sure if it's been posted before but this history of Sega World is great, it's weirdly upsetting seeing how the entire place has been stripped down now. I sadly missed the glory days but I did get to visit Fun Land when they still had the full size Ridge Racer cabinet up there.

That infamous rocket escalator tho, only remembered by me for feeling up an ex's arse for the first time when I was a teenager.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Not sure if it's been posted before but this history of Sega World is great, it's weirdly upsetting seeing how the entire place has been stripped down now. I sadly missed the glory days but I did get to visit Fun Land when they still had the full size Ridge Racer cabinet up there.

That infamous rocket escalator tho, only remembered by me for feeling up an ex's arse for the first time when I was a teenager.

Genuinely one of my favourite places ever. Was so gutted when it went. My retro gaming memories are as tied to there as they are seaside arcades and home consoles.

• Paid Members

@Merzbow I remember one of the arcades off Blackpool Pleasure Beach having a full size Ridge Racer as well with an actual car you'd sit in and a huge screen so it looked life sized. 

17 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Not quite Sega World, but me and my Dad found out my sister was pregnant when she said she couldn't go on the Pepsi Max Plunge at the bottom of Trocadero. 

My Dad slowly shaking his head in disappointment as we gradually ascended on the ride is an image that is burned into my memory. So funny.