Sign in to follow this  
neil

THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

Something really strange happened when I opened UKFF on here (Chrome, Samsung Galaxy S8) this morning. As soon as I went to the homepage, three images instantly began downloading. I recognise them as pictures I've posted on here before, but at least a couple of years ago.

Anyone else experience anything like this? So bizarre, I've probably posted a hundred pictures since I posted these.

If anyone's curious, these are the pics (the last one was obviously for FogDude):

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1_09.20_PM.0.thumb.png.423b4a21fa38ebde37a337848c34463e.png

harris-brothers.jpg.63e8cd0929f71b52fe1d7106e811c0fb.jpg

_93531622_gettyimages-601779054.jpg.63720291aa4458c835365dd40fc82b62.jpg

Using Chrome on Android...

When I get to the bottom of a thread I normally click 'go to topic listing' to return to the main board, but for the last week as soon as I reach the bottom of the page and go to  click the link, the page kinda jumps up a few cm's and I inevitably end up clicking 'next unread topic' instead. 

It's infuriating. 

Anyone else? 

@Moo

Edited by Silky Kisser

It happens to me on this site but not on any of my own. There was some other silliness with Chrome which was promptly despatched by an update a few versions ago. I suspect this site isn't running the latest version.

Yeah I complained about it two months ago. Hasn't changed. Still fucking annoying. 

Weirdly, it wasn't doing it to me then, it's only been the last 3 weeks or so. 

Edited by gmoney

That 'next unread' button with no context is fucking dangerous if you haven't seen the latest Game of Thrones yet. Shit design. 

The "ok I've loaded, no wait I'll jump the page up and down a few times" is still really bugging me.  Something on this forum's template is much larger and takes much longer to load than it should.

It's a nightmare. I'm constantly clicking the 'notify me of replies' button, visiting user profiles and pressing other shit accidentally because of it.

Just now, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Can you still preview a post before you post it like on the old racist looking forum?

You can on the desktop version, there's a little icon on the right

image.png.95aff08dd471ffc9e8cc3c0b6313d793.png

32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You can on the desktop version, there's a little icon on the right

image.png.95aff08dd471ffc9e8cc3c0b6313d793.png

Brilliant! I thought that was just a 'search text' icon.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, Silky Kisser said:

Using Chrome on Android...

When I get to the bottom of a thread I normally click 'go to topic listing' to return to the main board, but for the last week as soon as I reach the bottom of the page and go to  click the link, the page kinda jumps up a few cm's and I inevitably end up clicking 'next unread topic' instead. 

It's infuriating. 

Anyone else? 

@Moo

@Silky Kisser I've not been able to replicate this at all, but I've disabled some JS optimisations just in case it's that.

Can you still replicate?