Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members

Wasn't sure if this has its own topic but I got this beauty through today. A great idea to reprint the PS back catalogue in a book. Especially chuffed because I've never owned a couple of the 1994 issues.

WhatsAppImage2024-01-05at13_12.54_91598781.thumb.jpg.c0124b5fea3255ab6502c1b4fe803215.jpg

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Wasn't sure if this has its own topic but I got this beauty through today. A great idea to reprint the PS back catalogue in a book. Especially chuffed because I've never owned a couple of the 1994 issues.

WhatsAppImage2024-01-05at13_12.54_91598781.thumb.jpg.c0124b5fea3255ab6502c1b4fe803215.jpg

Just seen the price of this! Is it worth it @tiger_rick?

Edit: if you're interested. https://insidetheropesmagazine.com/products/power-slam-yearbook-1994

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Just seen the price of this! Is it worth it @tiger_rick?

I think so. It's paperback but full colour and full size. It's been a few years since I bought or sold any issues of PS but I think to try and buy the 6 magazines in this collection would cost several times what the book does, so if you're just looking to read the magazines, it's good value.

I think that'd be true of the first 2-3 years of PS. After that, it may be more for convenience as the mags aren't that expensive. Assuming they keep printing them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Finished @BomberPat’s book last night and I can thoroughly recommend it. It is strongest in the early chapters, delivering almost unbelievable tales of shady characters but Pat’s fluid writing and view through the window of kayfabe make even the more familiar (to me) later stories an entertaining and interesting read.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:20 PM, tiger_rick said:

I've got the Pro Wrestling through the Powerslam years on kindle. Runs from 1994-2014. Great read. Used to love Power Slam.

21 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

I’ve actually got a duplicate of the Powerslam year book, if anyone is interested.

It is a great read. 

I am, if this is still available? 

Speaking of Powerslam does anyone know if ex PS writer Mo Chatra still posts on either here on any other wrestling forums at all? I know he has a twitter account that says he is a wrestling writer and just wondered if he still contributes to or is involved in the business anymore?

• 1 month later...

Recently read the Wrestling by Simon Garfield. It was a revised edition as the original must’ve been written during the mid nineties. The British wrestling industry was on its arse when the original book was released (still reeling from wrestling being axed from ITV). Wasn’t a bad book and I managed to learn a few things that I didn’t already know. Not sure I could recommend anyone to go out of their way to get a copy though.

1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Recently read the Wrestling by Simon Garfield. It was a revised edition as the original must’ve been written during the mid nineties. The British wrestling industry was on its arse when the original book was released (still reeling from wrestling being axed from ITV). Wasn’t a bad book and I managed to learn a few things that I didn’t already know. Not sure I could recommend anyone to go out of their way to get a copy though.

I read your post really quickly in work and thought it said written by Simon and garfunkel 🤣