Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• 3 weeks later...

if anyone is looking at getting the book by sir william regal waking a golden mile it is available at World of Books for the reasonable price of £17.99. WOB also has discounts available. type in google world of books discount codes should work.  In general I have bought a ton of wrestling books from them recently. 

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/william-regal/walking-a-golden-mile/9780743477819

Edited by scouseman

On 3/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, scouseman said:

if anyone is looking at getting the book by sir william regal waking a golden mile it is available at World of Books for the reasonable price of £17.99. WOB also has discounts available. type in google world of books discount codes should work.  In general I have bought a ton of wrestling books from them recently. 

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/william-regal/walking-a-golden-mile/9780743477819

World of books are an absolute rip off most of the time, I collect Dr Who audio cd's and they try to charge £50 for stuff you can pick up for £7-8

(got my Walking a golden mile from poundland years ago they had that and the ring of hell benoit book, picked up jerichos as well, well worth a drop in sometimes)

On 3/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, scouseman said:

Is £17.99 “reasonable” for a book in 2023? Genuine question.

2 hours ago, FUM said:

Is £17.99 “reasonable” for a book in 2023? Genuine question.

For this one, yes. Over the years I've bought and sold quite a few copies of this book, always making a nice little profit. Cheapest I think I bought it at was £7 and the most expensive I've sold it for was £45.

I wish I had bought just more than my own copy when the Works were selling them for £4 brand new not long after it just came out.

Never mind, I thought I'd strike it rich with copies of Hogan's 2nd book instead.....still got them!! 🙄

On 3/13/2023 at 2:32 PM, Nick James said:

Funnily enough, I found my copy of Walking a Golden Mile two days ago while cleaning out the attic, was just going to take it round to the charity shop. 

keep hold of it mate. The one i am struggling to get is booker T's second book. There is a copy on ebay but its too expensive at £30

On 3/13/2023 at 3:37 PM, The Reverend said:

For this one, yes. Over the years I've bought and sold quite a few copies of this book, always making a nice little profit. Cheapest I think I bought it at was £7 and the most expensive I've sold it for was £45.

I wish I had bought just more than my own copy when the Works were selling them for £4 brand new not long after it just came out.

Never mind, I thought I'd strike it rich with copies of Hogan's 2nd book instead.....still got them!! 🙄

I got Hogan's second book as well as Daniel Bryan's both brand new in Hardback for a Quid each. The same charity shop owner knows I am a wrestling fan and recently gave me a whole stack of WWE DVD's for 20p each I remember poundland selling wrestling books at one point Ray's and one of Mick foley's books were sold for a £1.

Edited by scouseman

1 hour ago, scouseman said:

I got Hogan's second book as well as Daniel Bryan's both brand new in Hardback for a Quid each. The same charity shop owner knows I am a wrestling fan and recently gave me a whole stack of WWE DVD's for 20p each I remember poundland selling wrestling books at one point Ray's and one of Mick foley's books were sold for a £1.

yep - poundland can be great for books. Got regals, ring of hell, Jerichos 2nd one and one of Foleys books too