What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

1 hour ago, W35ty said:

Been watching The Good Place on netflix and watched the second half of S1 and the first couple of S2 last night.

Nice twist at the end of S1.

I only ever watched about the first three episodes and didn’t get into it. Is it worth persisting or do you think if it’s gonna grab you, it’d do it by then?

• Paid Members

I found the premise of The Good Place interesting and I liked the cast, but similarly to Pitcos, I gave it about 3 or 4 episodes and wasn't grabbed. For all the high concept there is a real dearth of funny. 

Edited by gmoney

• Moderators

Yeah there's just not enough good jokes in that show. That said I felt similarly about it at first and I'd say it's worth sticking with. Finish the first series and enjoy the satisfying one series arc, and then just stopping there. It's not that much of a commitment and I think you are rewarded sufficiently for some patience.

• Awards Moderator

Loved Bandersnatch. Watched it for three hours last night trying different branches. There's so much to explore!

And clever enough to tie the idea of destiny and choices to the plot. And just enough fourth wall breaking.

Will Poulter is ace too. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Here's a flow chart I found on twitter of all the possible choices and endings. Because nerds.

https://i.redd.it/d0bpn1v1g6721.png

Yeah I spent ages reading the accompanying reddit last night. People are still discovering more. Pirates have ripped 5 hours of video from the files so far. 

Anyone recommend anything newish that's a decent watch? I have a couple of pals over to my flat every Wednesday and we've just finished the last show we've been watching, American Crime Story series 1 and 2.

Preferably not a full 28 episode series or anything, cause it will take us 28 weeks to watch. Just any new TV specials or miniseries that are half decent. Cheers