What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just finished Peaky Blinders s1. I like it but I'm not sure I'd have stuck with it if Cilian Murphy wasn't so damn watchable. It suffers from BBC's habbit of slowly building a story then rushing a conclusion and also some of the Brummie accents are so bad I wish they just did generic British accents. The sister is flat out scouse.

Fair enough but the sister and aunt in particular are Aiden Gillen levels of bad sometimes. Probably doesn't help that it's my least favourite of regional accents anyway.

Tom Hardy has just turned up in the episode I'm up to which is a nice surprise. Giving off a Bronson vibe 'n all!

Just finished Peaky Blinders s1. I like it but I'm not sure I'd have stuck with it if Cilian Murphy wasn't so damn watchable. It suffers from BBC's habbit of slowly building a story then rushing a conclusion and also some of the Brummie accents are so bad I wish they just did generic British accents. The sister is flat out scouse.

The accents shouldn't matter that much, but they do range from bad to absurdly bad. It wouldn't matter as such if the storytelling wasn't so shit.

• Paid Members

Has anyone watched the first episode of Outcast? I had no idea what it was all about going into it, all I knew was Phillip Glennister played an American priest. I thought it was really good and quite creepy. Looking forward to the future episodes, but I'm expecting it to drop off in quality.

• Paid Members

I also enjoyed The Night Manager but it seemed like they tried to cram too much into that last episode. Laurie was perfectly cast as Roper.

Funilly enough had it been made when the rights were being negotiated, Laurie fancied himself as the night manager in the 90's

• Paid Members

I didn't know the tv show was starting yet, but I started reading the comics not long back and found them much more enjoyable than The Walking Dead.

Episode 1 is on Sky On Demand, but the full series starts on Tuesday at 10pm.

What is this Outcast all about? I need to get into a new series? (Yeah I know I could google it but always run into spoilers).

I had a quick look at the wikipedia for it, but only really gave info about the production, the IMDB synopsis reads:

A young man searches for answers as to why he's been suffering from supernatural possessions his entire life.