What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

The only good thing about the Voice for me was you could get the remaining alive members of Black Lace on there and they wouldnt be treated like losers. If the likes of Bernie Clifton went on X Factor, you'd have Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole going "you fucking old cunt. You really think you can win this? Go off and die and take your ostrich legs with you." On The Voice they'd just got "not for me, but good on you mate" and then the bloke out of Kaiser Chiefs would give him a hug. It seemed less mean spirited. I imagine it wont be like that on ITV.

What does everyone think to Boardwalk Empire?

Bit late to the party but Just finished the 1st season ater starting it tbis morning and really enjoyed it.

Does it continue getting better? I accidenrly saw how the entire thing ends in the very last episode which is gutting but its kinda what i figures would happen eventually anyway

I've only seen series 1-3, but I've got the whole thing on bluray and sm going to give a whirl from start to finish once this series of Game of Thrones is done. It's a great show which unfortunately seemed to get overlooked a lot of the time by everyone seemingly discovering Breaking Bad. Mad Zmen is another show that, even though it is highly rated, still doesn't get anywhere near the praise it deserves

• Awards Moderator

Yeah even Boy George seemed like a pretty nice bloke on The Voice and I'd have had him down as a stonewall cunt.

Just about the least sensitive way you could have put that.

• Paid Members

What does everyone think to Boardwalk Empire?

Bit late to the party but Just finished the 1st season ater starting it tbis morning and really enjoyed it.

Does it continue getting better? I accidenrly saw how the entire thing ends in the very last episode which is gutting but its kinda what i figures would happen eventually anyway

Boardwalk is fucking great and it does get even better. Seasons 2-4 are brilliant. I wouldn't worry too much about knowing the ending as it's pretty predictable throughout the final season. There's absolutely loads of good stuff and most of it is in seasons 2-4. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Awards Moderator

Started watching Line Of Duty the other day. It's bloody great! Only three episodes in but I'm really enjoying it. Will series 3 be added to Netflix anytime soon? It'll be a little while til I get up to it, but it's not on Iplayer anymore.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Watched the first episode of Rovers on Sky. Had high hopes for it looking at the cast but yet again Sky produces another shite comedy. Didn't laugh once throughout. Give it a swerve if you're in two minds.

Why in it's long history has Sky never produced one decent home-grown show, ever? Everything it touches is complete arse, but marketed to the moon.

• Awards Moderator

Watched the first episode of Rovers on Sky. Had high hopes for it looking at the cast but yet again Sky produces another shite comedy. Didn't laugh once throughout. Give it a swerve if you're in two minds.

Why in it's long history has Sky never produced one decent home-grown show, ever? Everything it touches is complete arse, but marketed to the moon.

Yonderland's quite good!