What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

As far as Sky's original programming goes I thought Trollied was good when it first started, but when they got to the 3rd series it became too silly that it got to the point where you couldn't stand watching it anymore. I'm actually surprised it's still going.

• Awards Moderator

You must have forgotten Baddiel's Syndrome! Oh.

Never heard of it. I have however just remembered Time Gentlemen Please which was rather ace at the time. Probably shit now.

• Paid Members

I've started watching Veep. I really like it. It's good that it's not just a straight remake of The Thick Of It.

Yeah, it's brilliant. It's not quite as brutal as The Thick Of It, bit more light-hearted, but retains the type of humour. Which makes sense, I'm not sure America would cope with lines such as "What do you think this is? Tinker, tailor, soldier, cunt?"

On the Sky original programming subject, for all the money they've thrown at making their own shows over the past few years (to the extent that they cite this as a main reason for annual subscription increases), they've really disappointed. I know BBC and ITV churn out some shite, but with Sky I've found most of the shows they've made have been utter shite. Yonderland is definitely an exception, really enjoy watching that with my kids. The first series of Mad Dogs was really good, although it did go a bit silly. Oh, and I liked Falcon.

But everything else has been proper shit. Fortitude had potential but was a disappointment. Others (Trollied, Stella, Mount Pleasant, that cafe sitcom with Ralf Little and so many similar comedies) have been rotten.

• Paid Members

Trollied is alright. It's gone downhill like Benidorm but the first couple of series were good. Stella and Mount Pleasant are tolerable trash. My missus likes them and while I wouldn't watch them if not for her, I don't hate them.

The recent Camping by Julia Davies was decent. Fucking odd but really funny in parts.

I've seen some positive comments about rovers on Twitter so look forward to giving it a bash.

• Paid Members

Depends what you're comparing it to with the Royle Family. Series 1 is an incredible standard. Series 2 is really good. 3 is average. The specials after that are fucking abysmal. The very last one takes a slight upturn so the show avoids ending on a really, really bum note but the ones before it are just lazy, unfunny shite. Lazy's the right word for it too. The Jim Royle character was lazy after Series 2, relying on the same old catchphrases. Denise becoming a mother worthy of a Jeremy Kyle appearance and Dave becoming an actual retard were other terrible developments. In series 1, they were both worldly but not particularly bright. Like millions of working class people which is why it resonated. They ended up as caricatures. Ugh.

• Paid Members

Dream Team was ace, you can all fuck off

I'd agree with that statement. Karl Fletcher was ace.

'172 Premiership goals mate, BOSH!'

It was all about Monday Bandeli. Oh and Didier Baptiste. Clyde Connolly could do one though. Twat.