What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

It's a terrible show, you deserve disappointment for having watched it.

I put off watching it for years - only started in early April because someone I trusted kept insisting. You're right though - I regret it. Bad acting, naff stories, shit accents, and dis-likable characters.

On the flip side, I started watching Line of Duty because Slev (Malbranque) recommended it ITT. Fucking incredible show.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

I'm shocked you made it passed the bit in Ireland - that's where I tapped out; I would have thought for sure that would be even more unbearable for you.

It was - I kept watching because I wanted that smug priest to get smashed - which happened at the end of the season.... so I ended up watching all of it.

• Paid Members

I started watching Line Of Duty after seeing the praise in this thread. I'm 3 episodes in to series 1. I like it, the acting is better than most of the shit that's on BBC. There's been a few moments clearly ripped off from The Wire and some of it has that BBC drama cheesy low budget HBO-wannabe stink on it but overall thumbs up so far.

• Paid Members

Has anyone watched the first episode of Outcast? I had no idea what it was all about going into it, all I knew was Phillip Glennister played an American priest. I thought it was really good and quite creepy. Looking forward to the future episodes, but I'm expecting it to drop off in quality.

Yes! I watched the preview episode on Sky and I can't wait to watch more of this. It looks really good although Glennister's accent is a bit hit and miss.

Edit: technically, it's not him (the lead guy) who's possessed either. It seems a bit along The Exorcist line in the first episode with a levatating kid and Glennister as a priest doing the whole the-power-of-Christ-compels-you thing.

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

I started Sons of Anarchy off the back of recommendations from nearly all of my mates and co-workers. Tapped out about 3 episodes in, hated everyone in the show. A biker gang full of dickheads probably isn't the safest bet for likeable protagonists. 

Apparently they're not twins. The one in the glasses is younger. She'd stand in and pretend to be the other one on occasions but never wanted to be on it properly. There's also apparently another older brother too who's away at uni. I'm surprised they came back after the Dad failed to get elected for UKIP.

• Paid Members

Do you know what, I mentioned to my wife that the daughter wasn't as chatty at times this series. That's when it must've been the younger daughter. I was surprised he came back too, not too keen on him. Can be right arrogant. The rest of his family are good, the reaction when the mum said she'd had some Greek in her. Priceless.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Apparently they're not twins. The one in the glasses is younger. She'd stand in and pretend to be the other one on occasions but never wanted to be on it properly. There's also apparently another older brother too who's away at uni. I'm surprised they came back after the Dad failed to get elected for UKIP.

She'd stand in? Shit, well there's a 'scandal' article about misleading viewers for a rainy day.