What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I finished watched The Walking Dead last week. I watched 67 episodes in 2 weeks and I bloody love it! I'm definitely desensitised to the zombies now and hardly had to mute towards the end. I'm even going back and rewatching season 1 as I can enjoy it more now that I know what's coming. Really looking forward to season 6 starting soon too.

• Awards Moderator

Funnily enough I've finally caved and started Walking Dead. There's some really good stuff but it's so ponderous at times. You've told me what you're going to do, so just go ahead and do it! Stop fannying about.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm really glad I could binge watch as I think I might've gotten fed up of waiting from week to week for the next episode. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen when I start watching season 6 in real time.

• Paid Members

Caught the first two episodes of Cradle to Grave which is based on Danny Baker's memoirs. I'm not a huge fan of Baker but this has been fucking brilliant. Peter Kay is outstanding as his Dad and Natalie from Eastenders is the star of episode 2 as his Mum.

I'd heard the two main stories from episode one before but they played out beautifully on TV. It looks and sounds great.

We caught up with this the other day. Can't stand Kay, but this (and him) have been brilliant and yeah Lucy/Natalie has been a revelation as his mum. The cock slap and the slow dance were especially funny

Really enjoyed episode three. It was a bit less manic than the previous episodes but Danny discovering the VHS recorder, Danny unexpectedly ammassing hundreds of orders for casette tapes and his Dad's attempts to "liberate" stuff from the docks were all really funny. I'm not sure how much of it is accurate and how much has been embellished but it's believable enough. I'm finding Peter Kay as the Dad even better now I've got used to the accent.

If you follow Danny Baker on Twitter (which I never have but do for this), he posts some good pics of the behind the scenes stuff.

Anyone know where I can find recap videos of the first four season of Heroes in preparation for the new series starting this week.

I watched them all when they were first shown, but that was five years ago (and don't really want to watch them all again)!

The new South Park was outstanding.

I agree. It was stunning and brave.

I liked this weeks episode more than last weeks.

It also looks like they are doing something similar to last season, by referencing the previous episode.

Edited by DJM

I watched The Gamechangers after someone mentioned it last week. I thought it was actually quite good and I'm now wanting Bill Paxton to play John Laurenitus in a movie.

I know that Rockstar have come out and talked about inaccuracies inthe story, but it did make it quite clear at the start that elements had been alter for "Dramatic effect"

• Paid Members

I watched The Gamechangers after someone mentioned it last week. I thought it was actually quite good and I'm now wanting Bill Paxton to play John Laurenitus in a movie.

I know that Rockstar have come out and talked about inaccuracies inthe story, but it did make it quite clear at the start that elements had been alter for "Dramatic effect"

Rockstar haven't just talked about inaccuracies...they've called the whole thing bollocks and a complete work of fiction and sued the BBC.

Rockstar haven't just talked about inaccuracies...they've called the whole thing bollocks and a complete work of fiction and sued the BBC.

How can they sue a work of fiction?

• Paid Members

Rockstar called it a work of fiction. It's supposed to be based on real-life events. BBC have dropped a bollock here- the whole thing has no credibility to it after Rockstar's stance and it's been panned anyway. Not from a 'it's compete bollocks' perspective (well, that too) but the critics have said the writing is shit and there is almost no character development.

I think the first thing Daniel Radcliffe said in it was 'we need to take it to the next level', lazy cliche writing at it's finest!