What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Peep Show's final ever series starts next Wednesday. What are we expecting from it? Personally I hope no Dobby. Perhaps she'd drowned in a big lake before the start of the first episode.

Haha. I literally watched the trailer before browsing the forum and there is a quick shot of Dobbie. I really like the Dobby character but I remember from discussing the show here before that I'm the only one. Poor Dobbs is hated!

I'm gutted the show is coming to an end so I just hope its funny. I hope they both end up back in the flat together drifting along.

• Paid Members

I don't hate Dobby as much as everyone else, but she is pretty shit. I honestly can't remember what happened in the last series, but I'm sure I loved it. Peep Show never failed to disappoint.

I watched the one where they went on a barge for Mark's stag do the other week. The payoff in that episode is fucking brilliant. 'Mummy'.

The first episode I ever saw, which is still probably my favourite, is from series 2 where Jez has to produce some music for a Honda advert. Mark making friends with a Nazi steals it.

• Moderators

Dog eating is the worst episode for me, as the payoff is just a little too silly. Best episode? Either the one where they go bowling or the one when Mark is mugged. Especially as he's fleeing the muggers. "This leaves a sour taste!"

• Paid Members

Dog eating is the worst episode for me, as the payoff is just a little too silly. Best episode? Either the one where they go bowling or the one when Mark is mugged. Especially as he's fleeing the muggers. "This leaves a sour taste!"

The call back to that mugging episode years later when he catches the burglar in his flat and they call him clean shirt on the way out was fantastic.

I'll be gutted when it finishes :(

• Paid Members

'Clean shirt' kid wasn't the mugger, he was just some kid that was giving him jip on the way home from work. The muggers (same series I think) were older kids/young men in the underpass in a different episode.

But the reunion with the kid who called him Clean Shirt years later was indeed brilliant!

• Paid Members

Dominic West IS Jesse Custer and always will be in my eyes.

Interesting casting for Cassidy, Gilgun's work on This Is England has always meant he was better than Emerdale, hoepfully this helps him further!

• Paid Members

'Clean shirt' kid wasn't the mugger, he was just some kid that was giving him jip on the way home from work. The muggers (same series I think) were older kids/young men in the underpass in a different episode.

But the reunion with the kid who called him Clean Shirt years later was indeed brilliant!

Of course! In my head they had somehow became the same episode. The Mugging is when he gets the knife isn't it?

Anyone still bother with The Strain?

I quite enjoyed the first series, it had a cool John Carpenter vibe but it's starting to bore the tits off me now. Pretty much every episode involves the bad/good guys nearly getting the good/bad guys only for them to get away at the last minute. It's as predictable as an episode of Stop the Pigeon but not as entertaining. In terms of the cast, only David Bradley and the Nazi henchman are indispensable as far as I'm concerned - they need to kill off a few and inject a bit of danger into proceedings.